Searching for a car

Guest mandy1970

Guest mandy1970

I have been looking at a few sites for cars so that we have a idea of what is available when we get there.

I have noticed that even quite new cars have high mileage. What is the average mileage for a car in Oz (perth)? I realise that distance there is not the same as here but I dont wont to buy a car with excessive kms.

Just now I only average about 9000 miles/per year and it would be the same in Oz. I have a Subaru Legacy just now (which is great, have also had a lot of Mazdas) and would probably goes for another one/outback or a Mazda. Are parts expensive as it cost about £1000 to replace our exhaust!!.

Is there an equivalent Aussie make that is just as good but maybe cheaper for repairs? Preferably a jeep or estate (need the space for the pooch)

Many thanks for any thoughts

Mandy

PS LPG or Unleaded?

Average mileage here would generally be higher because of the long distances that people have to drive. If you pick up a second hand ex fleet car they could have been doing 30K+ km a year and if someone has salary sacrificed their car they would have been doing 25K a year. Remember that the odometers are in km not in miles which also adds to the total! Second hand cars though are usually in good nick because we dont have the corrosive effects that you do in UK but I dont know about Perth, they may have more of a problem with that.

Subaru are quite popular here so you shouldnt have a problem - the Japanese cars are relatively cheap to maintain. There are an increasing number of hybrids on the road as people try and battle the rising fuel prices these days.

Archived