Tasmania Sponsorship Chances?

This is my first post, although I've read tons of threads on this great forum.

So my situation: 

We've just lodged our State Sponsorship application with Tasmania (through a MARA agent).

I have 75 points (80 with the 5 points for state sponsorship).

While I provided evidence of at least eight vacancies that I would be able to apply for. I did not have a job offer (I did get a couple replies which stated that they could not consider me as I do not yet have a work visa. I provided these as part of my state sponsorship).

We have close friends living in Hobart but no family connection.

I've read a few threads of similar situations (but not the same) where 190 hopefuls were offered a 489 visa sponsorship if they didn't have a job offer. We're not keen on the 489 visa as, in our opinion, it carries to much risk (this is a personal opinion and I'm not bashing those who have taken this route). 

The question is what are our chances? We don't have any of the three key requirements but have high points and a genuine intention of settling and contributing to Tasmania (which I hope I communicated well enough in my statement of intention). Our MARA agent has been pretty vague saying 'they have lodged before without a job offer' (whether those lodged were successful or not is another question).

Would be keen on hearing any similar situations or advice.

Hi Kaizer ,

I also have applied for tasmania sponsorship last month through an agent and havn't heard anything back yet. However i do have job offer from employer. My points are 65 and with state it will be 70. 

Previously there was no condition of job offer so visa was given , but now they put in condition of job offer or any relative living in Tasmania.

Therefore all depends upon how well you presented your case and hope for the best.

Good luck !!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI

We received notification that Tasmania will sponsor our 190 visa this morning. This was without a family connection or job offer. I did, however, make a strong case and illustrated how employers were not considering me as I did not have PR.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/06/2017 at 17:44, Ahluwalia@paramjeet said:

hi got my nomination from Tasmania after one month in 489 subclass.

Hi paramjeet how long does it take to get visa once state nomination is received, I have recently received an invitation from Tasmania , also is the pathway clear now or there are more obstacles.

• 1 month later...