RSMS 187 processing time for COOK & Restaurant mangers

joni

• 1 month later...

It is very frustrating now.almost a 1 year.we  dnt know why they are delaying a process.untill march 2017 everything going very well.we can understand due to the high volumes of files they are overburden. Still they have to stick with timeline.i pray to god for everyone. I hope everbody recive golden email very soon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2017 at 00:24, joni said:

HI ALL,

I M WAITING FOR MY 187 RSMS FROM LAST JUNE 2016

Does anyone else is in same boat aswell please share your timeline and immiaccount status. thanks

I'm also in same boat apply187 rams  last year September 2016.still no response.

On 5/11/2017 at 02:24, joni said:

HI ALL,

Does anyone else is in same boat aswell please share your timeline and immiaccount status. thanks

Hi 

I'm also waiting from 8 of June 2016 visa and nomination on 8th 

sales & marketing manager 

but still not get any response just received status.

its almost 13 months 

what is your occupation?

On 5/10/2017 at 21:54, joni said:

HI ALL,

Hi, 

i applied both nomination and visa together on 6th April 2016 as a cook but no update from immi yet. It's really hard to understand how immigration works. I finished with 15 months but still waiting.

thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, 
i applied both nomination and visa together on 6th April 2016 as a cook but no update from immi yet. It's really hard to understand how immigration works. I finished with 15 months but still waiting.
thanks

Did you apply onshore or offshore

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

How long does a 457, ENS or RSMS visa take to process?

It has been noted that the processing times for the Temporary Work (Skilled) (subclass 457) visa, Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) (subclass 186) visa, and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) (subclass 187) visa have been getting longer in recent times. While the current Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) service standards list 2 to 3 months processing time for 75% of applications received, the actual processing times for most cases are around 5 months (based on recently submitted applications and comments by business sponsors and visa applicants in forums).

Why is the processing getting slower?

While there is no official explanation for the delay, the slower processing times might be due to increased screening of applications submitted by sponsors and visa applicants. Since the Independent Review report of the integrity in the Subclass 457 Programme released in September 2014, the Department has been stepping up integrity checks and controls for the majority of applications, especially those with the following characteristics:

• high risk occupations such as Café and Restaurant Managers, Customer Service Managers, Project or Programme Administrators, Retail Manager, etc.
  • the applicant is related to the business owner as a family member or relative
  • an unusually high salary for a low position to claim English Language Exemption
  • the business has a low profit or is making a loss, and yet seeks to employ more people

The Department is definitely concerned with the findings of the Independent Review about the integrity of employer sponsors and employee visa applicants for the employer-sponsored visas. In addition to the slower and more meticulous screening of applications submitted, the Department has also introduced related policy such as the “Payment for Visas Conduct”, which prohibits overseas worker to pay businesses in return for sponsorship, or businesses deducting salaries from the sponsored worker to recover sponsorship costs.

Concerns with Genuine Position for Nominated Occupation in 457, ENS and RSMS visa applications

Applications with the above scenarios are likely to be asked for further information by the Department to ensure that the vacant position is genuine and the applicant meets the requirements for the position with the business. Applications that are asked to provide more documents or information will be assessed more thoroughly by the Department and hence there will be a delay to the processing times with the back and forth of submitting information and douments.

The rise in requests to provide further information are also causing assessment officers to spend more time per application, hence affecting applications that are straightforward genuine and complete when submitted.

What does this mean for the business sponsor and visa applicant?

With the expected delays the business sponsor and visa applicant need to consider the extended processing times to avoid any ill effects to the business operations (urgent need for the sponsored worker) or the visa applicant (leaving current employment too early). Additionally the business sponsor and visa applicant need to cross check before submitting the application to ensure all requirements are met for sponsorship, nomination and visa application. A strong application should be prepared with good supporting documents before submitting to the Department for processing.

Edited by joni

On 7/6/2017 at 10:38, Ajm said:

First week of July nearly finish and we just got one grant this week yet.
Doesn't look like they want to do anything even it's new financial year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I m waiting from june 2016 as per my obsevations only CHEFS & few other professions able to succeed in last 7 months. On the other hand there are more than 9000 files for ENS/RSMS waiting in pipeline. Most of them are cooks & mangers unfortunately we dont have any option other than wait....

HOPEFULLY ALL OF US WILL REACH THE DESTINATION ONE DAY....

• Like 1

There are both plus & minus of waIting that long As per my knowledge there are different stages of applications scrutiny.In last few months some got denied only after few months of lodgment...

HOPEFULLY THIS PAINFULL WAIT WILL BE FRUITFULL FOR ALL OF US

Edited by joni