Visa advice please

Horatio

18 months ago one of our three children emigrated to Perth, Australia. We would like to visit him for approximately one month, travel around Australia for about two to three months (the country is vast and has such a diversity of places to explore). Then we would want to spend approximately one month with our son before flying back to the UK. This would mean taking holidays to Australia of between four to five months.

We realise to achieve this we would have to get the six month visa (and return to the UK for the remaining six to seven months). Can we do this year after year - health and money permitting? Is there a limit to the number of times we can re-apply for the visa and have such a holiday?

We'd be very grateful for your advice.

Nick and Kerry

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

As far as I am aware, you are able to get a tourist visa more than once, so it should be possible to get one year after year. I had a friend who did this to visit her sister. You could get the Evisitior visa which lasts 12 months, but you need to leave Australia ever 3 months, too. Hope this helped a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Visitor Visa (subclass 600). Would we be able to use this Visa as we've explained below? 

18 months ago one of our three children emigrated to Perth, Australia. We would like to visit him for approximately one month, travel around Australia for about two to three months (the country is vast and has such a diversity of places to explore). Then we would want to spend approximately one month with our son before flying back to the UK.  This would mean taking holidays to Australia of between four to five months.

We realise to achieve this we would have to get the six month visa (and return to the UK for the remaining six to seven months). Can we do this year after year - health and money permitting? Is there a limit to the number of times we can re-apply for the visa and have such a holiday?

We'd be very grateful for your advice.

There is an option in the visa application to request for 6 months stay. I filled out the form for my in-laws few months ago. I requested only 3 months stay though. You can try requesting for 6 months stay but it is completely in the hands of the VO who handles your application to determine your stay. In the application there is 3 months, 6 months and 12 months option. You can probably choose the 6 months option and see if they grant you that. I have heard some people being granted 6 months stay but I can't be sure.

Archived