Has anyone used Qantas direct for moving pets?

Chrissishep

I would advise a pet shipping company as regulations can and do change at a moments notice in the UK. If the paperwork is not absolutely correct on arrival they may be refused entry. For example, we witnessed a family in tears having all sorts of problems because an official stamp was a couple of mm off where it should be. 

I would advise a pet shipping company as regulations can and do change at a moments notice in the UK. If the paperwork is not absolutely correct on arrival they may be refused entry. For example, we witnessed a family in tears having all sorts of problems because an official stamp was a couple of mm off where it should be. 

Thanks that is good to know! I wasn't sure really what I was getting for the extra money. If he was refused entry I'd be devastated. I guess you can't put a price on price of mind!! Thanks again

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

You need to add on the costs of a vet check prior to departure and completion of the paperwork. A vets certificate is required. The animal transport companies include this in their fee as well as an overnight stay in kennels as the vet check is done the day before they fly.

You also have to pay customs clearance charges at Heathrow, again these are included in the animal companies fee.

My dogs flew on QANTAS Sydney to London and Jetpets  charged $2200 per dog so its hard to see how QANTAS direct would be 2k cheaper. Are you sure you are comparing the same crate sizes? The flight cost is based on the crate size and these are regulated. You have to use an approved size which for long haul is massive, the dog has to be able to stand and walk round in a circle. They are at least 50% bigger than the crates used for domestic trips and of course the bigger the dog the bigger the crate.

Archived