187 occupation on the short term list

Hi everyone!

My wife hasn't applied for 186 yet (I have a thread in the 457 group too as we don't yet know which visa will be offered) but I just wanted to know if anyone had any idea:

The job is a highly skilled position but Australia only count it on their short term list. This means that from march 2018, she won't be eligible to apply for a 186. If she applies in the next few months and the visa is granted before march then great. But based on the current timescales, it probably won't have been granted by then.

If the application is still outstanding by march, do you think it'll still be granted or would it be cancelled and potentially get a refund like in some of the 457 cases?

Thanks!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not an expert, and things can change at any moment, but I believe the current position is that she's fine as long as the application is lodged before March 2018.

DIBP's processing times shouldn't come into it.

Then again, I get what you're saying about the 457 applicants who were waiting for news :(

Hi
I have applied my nomination and visa in feb 2017 (187) .. according to the new rules are these changes gonna affect me if i get my result after march2018? as they have said that from march 2018 we need 3 year experience for Rsms. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

13 hours ago, harleen said:

Hi
I have applied my nomination and visa in feb 2017 (187) .. according to the new rules are these changes gonna affect me if i get my result after march2018? as they have said that from march 2018 we need 3 year experience for Rsms. emoji17.png

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

There are no new rules for the 187, there is a proposal to change the rules in 2018 but for the moment nothing has changed.  The proposed changes would affect anyone applying for their visa as of that date.