Class 143 parental contributory visa

Ian Ireland

We applied for our subclass 143 visas at the end of June 2015. We have receipted reply. 

Processing time has gone up to 30 months. Can anyone explain what happens next as far as contact with the department is concerned? When are we likely to be asked for police and medical reports and form 80? 

When they quote processing times, is that to the final stages and issue of the visas? it's all getting very frustrating because they don't reply to emails until a case worker has been allotted. 

Any information welcome!

ian

The processing time mentioned in the status email is for an application to be picked up by the CO or rather all applications to that date have been allocated to one. Once it is assigned, the final steps begin(Medicals and PCCs (if not already done), AoS, 2nd VAC and visa grant)

If you lodged in June, 2015 then the likely time before your application gets picked up is about 36 to 40 months from now. Have to hang on tight or just get a long term visitor visa and start "visiting" here.

The processing time mentioned in the status email is for an application to be picked up by the CO or rather all applications to that date have been allocated to one. Once it is assigned, the final steps begin(Medicals and PCCs (if not already done), AoS, 2nd VAC and visa grant)
If you lodged in June, 2015 then the likely time before your application gets picked up is about 36 to 40 months from now. Have to hang on tight or just get a long term visitor visa and start "visiting" here.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

1 hour ago, Ian Ireland said:

Seems strange when they are quoting 30 months. Are your figures official ones?
There surely can't be a huge surge if parents wanting to pay the high cost of the 143 visa.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

6 hours ago, toOZ2012 said:

If you lodged in June, 2015 then the likely time before your application gets picked up is about 36 to 40 months from now.

My post says it's 36 to 40 months from now. How did I come up with that number? They are currently processing applications from end of September, 2014. June,2015 is another 9 months but it's never so linear, so I gave you a range based on my experience following the processing times for the last 4 years. It's a guideline only.

Archived