how to get money from the UK to Aus

Backtoback

I have recently moved to Melbourne, and opened up my NAB account. However, I have followed the website of trying to use Moneycorp to transfer money. I cannot even open the account because I don't have proof of address here - I have been here 6 days and I am staying with my partners family until we rent somewhere.

I am having a dilemma because we need to use my UK money for bonds/rent upfront etc, but how ca nI do this if I can't even open an account?

Does anyone have any other methods which was viable and don't take too much money off us?

Thanks

My bank (Westpac) offered to transfer money for us without charge. Initially I was dubious about the rates but I checked the price on a given day and compared it with the rate offered by my online currency dealer and found the rate comparable. It's also dead easy - I pay my Oz bank online from my UK bank, just as though it were a bill, using pre agreed numbers and the money is usually there the following day.

I'd start by asking your bank and comparing their terms and rates with an online currency broker.

Guest John from Moneycorp
On 26/04/2017 at 0:01 PM, Backtoback said:

I have recently moved to Melbourne, and opened up my NAB account. However, I have followed the website of trying to use Moneycorp to transfer money. I cannot even open the account because I don't have proof of address here - I have been here 6 days and I am staying with my partners family until we rent somewhere.

I am having a dilemma because we need to use my UK money for bonds/rent upfront etc, but how ca nI do this if I can't even open an account?

Does anyone have any other methods which was viable and don't take too much money off us?

Thanks

Please could you private message me your full name and email address? I can look into this asap for you.

Thanks

John 

• 2 weeks later...