First Home Owner Grant

zeizeno

Hello everyone, 

I am a new Aussie permanent resident and quite recently I came across this nationwide scheme called "First Home Owner Grant". However, I couldn't completely grasp it properly. Is there anyone who can shed some light on it? and explain it in simple language. 

Kind regards,

ZZeno

Pretty much that above IIRC. Although when we bought you could use it for an older already lived in house. TBH its was a pretty rubbish amount given the whack of stamp duty we had to pay and the grant was a faction of that, 5K total as it was per house, not per person. 

Still I guess every bit helps :S I'd rather they do away with stamp duty for first time buyers but not a hope of that I don't think :P

15 hours ago, zeizeno said:

Hello everyone, 

I am a new Aussie permanent resident and quite recently I came across this nationwide scheme called "First Home Owner Grant". However, I couldn't completely grasp it properly. Is there anyone who can shed some light on it? and explain it in simple language. 

Kind regards,

ZZeno

As a previous post explains, it varies from atate to state, I was on a Reccie in Victoria last month and we were told by a mortgage advisor that people on permanent resi visas  outing for the first time in Aus qualify for 10k grant on a new home with a value up to 750k

• Like 2