Assessment of existing applications with the new policy

rubel797

Hi There,

I lodged my application on 9th of April. My employer lodged their sponsorship on 5th January and nomination on 24th March. None of these has got any positive result as of now. Can anyone suggest how it will be impacted by the new abolished 457 visa policy? I found my occupation is in MTLSS which is eligible for 4 years visa. But how my application will be assessed now? Do I have to reapply or will my existing application will work?

Appreciate anyone's comment.

Your application was in before the changes, however it has not been granted so will be subject to the new requirements which means probably a longer wait time for extra scrutiny. Luckily your skill is still on the MTLSS list and you can still have the 4 years if your occupation would have been removed you would have to revoke the application. Sit it out and wait..

On 4/24/2017 at 5:12 AM, Raul Senise said:

You should assess whether extra criteria now apply for your occupation, as many occupations now have "caveats". 

Fortunately no caveats. But my employer applied for sponsorship on January 5th, 2017 and Nomination on March 24th, 2017, but yet to get any positive response from any of those. Moreover, I applied for my visa (including my spouse and child) on 9th April with our NRN (Nomination Reference number). Don't know, how long will it take?

Archived