186 direct entry stream employer sponsored visa

rhino70

Hi all

My employer nominated me for the direct entry stream 186 visa 8 weeks ago as my 457 visa was due to expire on March 20th,so after weeks and weeks of saving,working overtime etc I managed to submit my application and paid the fee($8600) for me my wife and 2 children 18,13 (I did this on march 18th,we transferred immediately onto a bridging visa A.

After going into work this morning I have found out that my employer has gone into voluntary liquidation:(

I am wondering where this leaves us in regards to the visa? I have been offered a job elsewhere and wondering if the application can be transferred to this company and they then nominate me?? I am booked in to see a migration expert on Thursday but would appreciate any advice/information from anyone who may have been in a similar situation.

thanks in advance......Andy

• 2 weeks later...

We applied for nomination approval of direct entry stream 186 on February 7, 2017, and waiting for the approval to lodge for the 186 visa.  My question is: Does the approval of the nomination takes about 6 months same like the visa process time? which means 6 months for the nomination approval and 6 months for visa approval, then total about 1 year.

Please can some one advice me the process time for nomination approval.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2017 at 1:12 AM, rhino70 said:

Hi all

My employer nominated me for the direct entry stream 186 visa 8 weeks ago as my 457 visa was due to expire on March 20th,so after weeks and weeks of saving,working overtime etc I managed to submit my application and paid the fee($8600) for me my wife and 2 children 18,13 (I did this on march 18th,we transferred immediately onto a bridging visa A.

After going into work this morning I have found out that my employer has gone into voluntary liquidation:(

I am wondering where this leaves us in regards to the visa? I have been offered a job elsewhere and wondering if the application can be transferred to this company and they then nominate me?? I am booked in to see a migration expert on Thursday but would appreciate any advice/information from anyone who may have been in a similar situation.

Unfortunately, the subclass 186 visa application can not be transferred to a different company/nomination.

On 11/04/2017 at 1:12 AM, rhino70 said:

Hi all

Feel sorry