Prospective Marriage Visa Statements

appletwist

Hi all,

My partner and I are now gathering all our evidence to apply for the Prospective Marriage visa. My question is, can our personal statements about our relationship be typed on a computer, printed and then hand signed?  I'd rather have it typed and then hand signed to keep it neat.

I don't think we done statements, we done the 5 questions on the application form, but typed them out on google docs first before adding them to it. On a side note the Immi account uses very little punctuation so doesnt accept anything other than full stops and maybe commas, on that sections youre limited to 2000 characters.. not words which I made the mistake of doing the first time. 

2 minutes ago, appletwist said:

Thanks Lever40 for the info. It seems the Partner Migration booklet needs to be updated on what is and isn't required.

If you are doing a postal application then you would write your statement to include with it. I did a postal application a few years back for my partner visa and typed mine, husbands was handwritten.

If you are doing an online application there would be a section that would cover this and you'd fill it in as required.