They requested additional information from my employer on 7th December. I know I need to wait 28 days from this date but does anyone know if it is it 28 working days?

My MA rang immi today.She told me that immi is running behind with their work.Immi also told my MA that my case is due to open again on 14th Jan.It doesn't mean immi will open on 14th Jan because they are running behind their work and we have to wait more than 28 days.

I'm new in this forum as I've applied in December. The following statement may be useful to you, especially those who are waiting since July:

"I can tell you that Immigration delays happenwith PR applications due to their quotas set by the government and if theyreach their quota for one month early in the piece they can’t processadditional applications until the next month and their quota has been reset assuch. Now understand why certain visas can be processed quicker thanothers – 457 visas do not have the same tight quotas on them like PRapplications do."

I have not verified yet the statement but has the logic considering the progress of July 2015.

I'm new in this forum as I've applied in December. The following statement may be useful to you, especially those who are waiting since July:

"I can tell you that Immigration delays happenwith PR applications due to their quotas set by the government and if theyreach their quota for one month early in the piece they can’t processadditional applications until the next month and their quota has been reset assuch. Now understand why certain visas can be processed quicker thanothers – 457 visas do not have the same tight quotas on them like PRapplications do."

I have not verified yet the statement but has the logic considering the progress of July 2015.

Everything is possible.... but yes australian industry group normally does this evaluation for govt in the past and im sure they still do it. They recommend govt what business and industry sector requires workforce immediately so, sounds right @AKG

Just gone through dibp website i couldn't however find any capped or set priority to particular sector, though our subclass is still on priority 2 in the list and time frame as we all know is 6 months as per immi.

Now interesting thing i found is but not has any mention of 186 though says we will try to "process"(not grant) 75% application within 6 months also application which have all the paperwork attached as per checklist "may be " processed in 3 months time. Trying to find the same page but bit lost and also there is a change in medical requirements fron 20 November 15 and might need additional test ( means more money spend i guess) however HIV test is added (not sure if it was there as i have not been requested for medicals) it also says new medical rules apply if

you have been requested by a co but have npt yet attended medical center

2) you have been asked to redo them

3)id medical officer feels you might need extra tests so co can request additional tests.

4) if co has not requested and once requested you will do medical examination as per new changes (ill fall under new changes )

I don't think there is quotation for 186/187 visa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we just did our medical on 4th jan,

HIV and other medical check and chest XRAY.

@rickyballi what you suggest shall we go for medicals beofre co requests as the immi website says donot go untill requested (for those who applied visa) also it says this may delay application. Now do they mean if tjey need anything else n that might delay or if a different hap id is generated that will delay it. Just so confused. At the end of the day they will request for it for sure .

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote reference

i asked my MA he said just do your medical.as someone applied 186 visa 4months before we applied same MA and employer ,she was requested for medical and after 4 weeks got granted

so it all depends how long take to get CO

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed hanging quote tag

i asked my MA he said just do your medical.as someone applied 186 visa 4months before we applied same MA and employer ,she was requested for medical and after 4 weeks got granted

so it all depends how long take to get CO

I have a strong feeling to get the medicals sorted out as well it definitely save time in that way everything from my end n checklist will be considered supplied.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote reference

I have a strong feeling to get the medicals sorted out as well it definitely save time in that way everything from my end n checklist will be considered supplied.

I did my medical before lodge visa. Do it ASAP, save time.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote reference

I did my medical before lodge visa. Do it ASAP, save time.

Am on dibp website to see how to do it. I heard its bit confusing but lets see how i work it out. Now im sure whata my trn num as im not looking after the case my lawyer is. Never asked coz i trust their professionalism and procedures put in plaxe to track applications. Ill gwt it sorted tomorrow n book em. Stuff it lets do it

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote tag

Ok i finally got some time to update you friends who are waiting in the darkness. My nomination approved today but not application. CO has requested two things:

1. Advice from Bupa as to if my 7 months old daughter has to go thru formal health exam. She already has a gp letter when we lodged application. CO asked us to obtain an updated one since it's more than 6 months.

2. Re-do Chinese police clearance which was done last April. Reason is it is only translated but not notarized - even MA didn't know it's required.

Moreover, CO asked that I have to provide evidence of working on the police check stuff within 7 days e.g. copy of application form etc.

Ok i finally got some time to update you friends who are waiting in the darkness. My nomination approved today but not application. CO has requested two things:

1. Advice from Bupa as to if my 7 months old daughter has to go thru formal health exam. She already has a gp letter when we lodged application. CO asked us to obtain an updated one since it's more than 6 months.

2. Re-do Chinese police clearance which was done last April. Reason is it is only translated but not notarized - even MA didn't know it's required.

Moreover, CO asked that I have to provide evidence of working on the police check stuff within 7 days e.g. copy of application form etc.

Congrats for the nomination.Now your waiting time begins again.Seems like you have to wait atleast 28 days just like us.

congratz!

Which processing centre?

You will have your PR very very soon.

Congratulations hope u get your visa soon. What is evidence of working on the police check?

Am on dibp website to see how to do it. I heard its bit confusing but lets see how i work it out. Now im sure whata my trn num as im not looking after the case my lawyer is. Never asked coz i trust their professionalism and procedures put in plaxe to track applications. Ill gwt it sorted tomorrow n book em. Stuff it lets do it

Might you risk confusing matters by trying to order medicals at this stage without going through your Immi dashboard? If you could import your application across then (from memory) you just click on the Health Checks bit on your account and it automatically generates a HAP ID which you then lodge with BUPA when you make your appointment. Your MA should give you your TRN - you are paying them, handsomely I expect, after all. If you can't do it that way then I would just wait.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote tag

Hey @chad714 congrats mate. Some movement is a great sign. Get everything sorted and you good to go.

Btw please advise on what is evidence of working with police from what i can imagine they want you send them a proof that ypu working on applying the police check which they want notarized?

Hey @chad714 congrats mate. Some movement is a great sign. Get everything sorted and you good to go.

Btw please advise on what is evidence of working with police from what i can imagine they want you send them a proof that ypu working on applying the police check which they want notarized?

Yes CO wants a evidence showing that I am working on it within 7 days. CO and MA called 3-4 times this afternoon discussing what's needed and how to get it. Looks co is quite responsible to make it happen. I expect to get everything sorted and by then i'll ask MA to contact co. Status still application received hopefully i don't have to wait another 28 days.