Quick question -- once our 457 visa expires and the 186 bridging visa comes into effect, are we allowed to work a second job? On a 457 visa, we are not allowed to work for a second employer or take on freelance work. However, is this also the case for the bridging visa? I am considering doing some freelance work in addition to my sponsoring employer, but I do not want to do anything that could jeopardize my 186 visa...

Quick question -- once our 457 visa expires and the 186 bridging visa comes into effect, are we allowed to work a second job? On a 457 visa, we are not allowed to work for a second employer or take on freelance work. However, is this also the case for the bridging visa? I am considering doing some freelance work in addition to my sponsoring employer, but I do not want to do anything that could jeopardize my 186 visa...

Yes, you can have second job when you are in 186 visa. I am not sure about the case for the bridging visa.

I think you will have your PR very very soon...

@bennyluk is correct. You can do extra job while on 186. but with bridging visa, I don't think you can do that since technically, you are not yet PR.

Do you guys know if it would be an issue if I travel to Malaysia for 1 or 2 weeks during the process? I wonder if co check passeports activity and may require second health check or something..

As long as your 457 is still valid, you can travel outside Australia. If not, you may need to apply bridging visa B.

I did travel last year for 3 weeks, without any hassle since my 457 visa is still valid. But I just sent an email to Immigration to let them know about my travel period.

is it just me or u as well, every monday morning i feel sth would happen and checking immi account/email like every half an hour.

来自我的 HUAWEI MT7-L09 上的 Tapatalk

you are not alone:jiggy: buddy i m also checking email and immi account every after half an hour so

waiting is very hard...

I wish someone should get visa everyday so that it gives hope and excitement to everyone who are waiting .

that is so true.. I think someone posted that they approve around 40+ application per day. If that is true, then we are probably just a very small group of people waiting for PR approvals.

As office resumes normally this week, I hope there will be more grants this week.

i did setup alert on immiaccount.

but still keep checking..

ya you right we have wait more than month,but we never know .it all depend on luck for everyone.

i have seen my employer sponsor last year just before 4 month we applied ,and she was granted within months.and she applied nor and visa same time.

we all also same M.A.

it is just matter of time

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed hanging quote tag

i did setup alert on immiaccount.

but still keep checking..

ya you right we have wait more than month,but we never know .it all depend on luck for everyone.

i have seen my employer sponsor last year just before 4 month we applied ,and she was granted within months.and she applied nor and visa same time.

we all also same M.A.

it is just matter of time

I hope so...

To be honest, if I can get PR within 6 month. I am super happy. That's enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote reference

that is so true.. I think someone posted that they approve around 40+ application per day. If that is true, then we are probably just a very small group of people waiting for PR approvals.

As office resumes normally this week, I hope there will be more grants this week.

That was my calculation based on last year's number. They have to finish 63.45 applications each day. Obviously something has changed this year and DIBP (I think) INTENTIONALLY slowed down for some reason.

so i been waited for over haplf year, with no contact or infor at all. should i email to the team superviser as one of the officer told me or just wait

We are on the same boat mate. your case is with NSW why not call them?

so i been waited for over haplf year, with no contact or infor at all. should i email to the team superviser as one of the officer told me or just wait

The standard is still 6 month, the auto email suggests

Once your application is allocated, a case officer will attempt to conduct the assessment in a timely manner according to the published service standards.

And

Where your application is within the published service standard you will not receive a response with regards to status, progress or allocation enquiries.

So, you can call them or email to see what happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my calculation based on last year's number. They have to finish 63.45 applications each day. Obviously something has changed this year and DIBP (I think) INTENTIONALLY slowed down for some reason.

i was checking last year posts,according 2014 applications June/July/ August ,they approving fast then this year by end of nov 2015 almost approved july/august appliaction

but this year not even finish June/July application

too slow...or less staff

lol just been told my case is processed by Perth office(which they told me paramatta office before) and the lady in perth office told me that they not yet look into july app, she suggested me that i might hear sth this or next week. all the people answered my call seem noce just dont know which story to believed ?

lol just been told my case is processed by Perth office(which they told me paramatta office before) and the lady in perth office told me that they not yet look into july app, she suggested me that i might hear sth this or next week. all the people answered my call seem noce just dont know which story to believed 

Seriously?!! Gosh it must be so frustrating! I hope you'll get it very soon :)

lol just been told my case is processed by Perth office(which they told me paramatta office before) and the lady in perth office told me that they not yet look into july app, she suggested me that i might hear sth this or next week. all the people answered my call seem noce just dont know which story to believed ?

Did you just call 131? If so they aren't trustworthy. You should talk to nsw directly. Btw our cases should be looked at by NSW or VIC (not Perth).