timeline is

30 juin nomination

4 juillet application

requested doc for nomination 14 october sent 4 november

request doc for application 19 october sent the same day

granted nomination 16 october

now have to wait for application

That's awesome news shuhiwa! Congrats!

So looks they have started end of June applications as well....

Can people stop referring to the COs as lazy when you dont have a clue about the inner workings of IMMI. I understand people are frustrated but blanket assumptions like that are ridiculous. In fact if I was a CO and read some of the comments on here it the may demotivate me slightly which in turn would cause delays. You are potentially doing more harm than good.

I agree with the lazy comment, not fair as we don't really know what's going on. At the same time, it's hard to be patient when you see the timeline blowing out more and more - a colleague of mine got it in 100 days. I'm pushing 150 now. Can't help but feel that it's unfair - why do some people have to wait 1.5x as much? Same company mind you, so it's not about "different circumstances". Also, you could argue that June was busy cause everyone was worried that July will bring price increases BUT same time last year was faster too! No one knows why. It might be an extra security measure or it might be staff changes or it might be anything at all really... But still. The effects are clearly visible.

Why people get so uptight about this process is beyond me. As a poster recently commented (and I can testify to having just received PR), at the end of the day it changes nothing for most people. You still get up go to work, come home and eat your dinner - PR or not. If you have everything in order and have not made any false declarations then sit-back and relax, PR will arrive soon.

Perhaps because some people are paying children's schools, which is considerably more expensive for a non-PR. Or they want to apply for a mortgage or citizenship or just want to feel safe. I don't have my PR yet, but I'm honestly quite tired of "oh, sorry, that's for PR only..." when wanting to do certain things (such as income protection or life insurance). Or you know, small things like you can't have a drivers licence valid longer than your current visa... :)

My personal example is that I would like to get on the same Health Insurance policy with my Australian Citizen partner, but until the PR is processed I don't want to do it. I could, with the interim medicare card, but if it fails for whatever reason then I have to undo it cause I won't be eligible anymore.

PR = safety and security in many ways. Of course, none of this is critical and whinging doesn't help, I agree... it does feel good to hear about how other people's applications are progressing, though. At least we know it's not just MY June application, but most of them. And it saves a call to border.gov.au, which in turn saves them time.

Edited by sapphilor

That's awesome news shuhiwa! Congrats!

So looks they have started end of June applications as well....

@shuhiwa, can I please double check that you had your nomination 30th June and application 4th july? I found your entry in google docs telling a different timeline thought.

shuhiwa LR 2 Transition 29/05/2015 04/06/2015 Yes Yes 14/10/2015 Pending Pending

Yes me!!

My boss just called me and nomination has been granted today

cross finger for the application now !

timeline is

30 may nomination

4 june application

requested doc for nomination 14 october sent 4 november

request doc for application 19 october sent the same day

granted nomination 16 october

now have to wait for application

Congrats! Mate!!!

I agree with the lazy comment, not fair as we don't really know what's going on. At the same time, it's hard to be patient when you see the timeline blowing out more and more - a colleague of mine got it in 100 days. I'm pushing 150 now. Can't help but feel that it's unfair - why do some people have to wait 1.5x as much? Same company mind you, so it's not about "different circumstances". Also, you could argue that June was busy cause everyone was worried that July will bring price increases BUT same time last year was faster too! No one knows why. It might be an extra security measure or it might be staff changes or it might be anything at all really... But still. The effects are clearly visible.

Perhaps because some people are paying children's schools, which is considerably more expensive for a non-PR. Or they want to apply for a mortgage or citizenship or just want to feel safe. I don't have my PR yet, but I'm honestly quite tired of "oh, sorry, that's for PR only..." when wanting to do certain things (such as income protection or life insurance). Or you know, small things like you can't have a drivers licence valid longer than your current visa... :)

My personal example is that I would like to get on the same Health Insurance policy with my Australian Citizen partner, but until the PR is processed I don't want to do it. I could, with the interim medicare card, but if it fails for whatever reason then I have to undo it cause I won't be eligible anymore.

PR = safety and security in many ways. Of course, none of this is critical and whinging doesn't help, I agree... it does feel good to hear about how other people's applications are progressing, though. At least we know it's not just MY June application, but most of them. And it saves a call to border.gov.au, which in turn saves them time.

I agree with you.

My company made me redundant last April, and I was still on 457 visa. After hearing that, I felt like my world is collapsing and thought about my family who I am supporting. I would be asked to leave the country if I had not re-applied and win my job back.

Getting the PR is like your blanket to legally work and stay here without the fear of going back to your home country.

Immi must be working on my application as my husband just phoned them and they said its in processibg and currently doing backround checks...what does that mean? Do you think i will still wait long?

so they are doing background checks for you - means you are being looked after i.e. co assigned? What's your status?

JFYI. i tried to called the number and waited for 1.5 hours but yet no one picked it up...

so they are doing background checks for you - means you are being looked after i.e. co assigned? What's your status?

JFYI. i tried to called the number and waited for 1.5 hours but yet no one picked it up...

I dont know if case officer is assigned thats all tgey told him.. i hope it wont be long. Lady also said it will take 6 months... but surley i must have someone looking at the application if its currently undergoing backround checks. Status still application received...

I dont know if case officer is assigned thats all tgey told him.. i hope it wont be long. Lady also said it will take 6 months... but surley i must have someone looking at the application if its currently undergoing backround checks. Status still application received...
@stacyk, that's good source of information Stacy. They should be clearing all June applications by this week.

SURELY, you have a Case Officer by now! They have been allocating June for a while now... I guess "background checks" just means double-checking everything you provided with the application, like checking the IELTS cert. number in the database, and police checks verification and who knows what else. Can't be too long left... :)

Hey I've got some good news.

I've received the document request from IMMI for my visa application.

I have no idea whether this implies that my nomination has been approved as they have already processed my visa application.

PS.I can't ask my company as the employer who is doing nomination application for me is not coming to work today.

Anyway it's good that I at least got some update.

Edited by ekim

Hey I've got some good news.

I've received the document request from IMMI for my visa application.

I have no idea whether this implies that my nomination has been approved as they have already processed my visa application.

PS.I can't ask my company as the employer who is doing nomination application for me is not coming to work today.

Anyway it's good that I at least got some update.

ok. they are attending to 24th june which is great!

Hi guys, just been informed that my Nomination has been approved.

How long do you think it will take for visa, guesses I guess!!

Nice! maybe tomorrow, maybe 2 weeks...It doesn't matter.

I am sure Immi will be finish Jun application this week. Please start Jul application next week :)

Updated 11/16 7:04PM

ekim 24 june/17July (Immi contact for nom doc 16/11)

abes 25 june/8 july (Nom grant 16/11)

sapphilor 23 june/5 july

===================

peppa01 30th June

Britta Loy 30th June

stacyk 29th june

crisrecchia 29th june

raselmirpur 12th/29th June (nom approval Nov 29)

rana 26th june

jamesgs 26th june

joemurphy83 25th june

rexie 25th june

kostia kim 25/26 june

shearmy 23/24 June

bret 24th June

larag 23rd june

CanCoo 22rd June (PR grant Nov 12)

june192015 19th june

ateeq786 19th june (PR grant Nov 11)

victory84 18th june (PR grant Nov 10)