i contacted deptt. of immi..they reply they will contact me if any info required :-)

Did they mentioned which date of files they r doing

i contacted deptt. of immi..they reply they will contact me if any info required :-)

Did they mentioned which date of files they r doing right now. ..??

I already sent the blank email twice today, can somebody else try? nsw.pse@border.gov.au

I emailed my MA yesterday to ask her if I can contact immi or if she can do it, she normally takes a week to reply to my emails, I hope to hear any news by the end of this week.

Hey @AusExpat, yup nothing's changed. They are still allocating applications lodged in May. You can email Immigration yourself. Simply put your TRN or Application ID in the subject heading so they're able to track it for you. This is your application and like CaptainC said, you have every right to get an update. You don't have to ask your MA for permission. In fact, that was what my MA told me as well.

I already sent the blank email twice today, can somebody else try? nsw.pse@border.gov.au

I emailed my MA yesterday to ask her if I can contact immi or if she can do it, she normally takes a week to reply to my emails, I hope to hear any news by the end of this week.

Hi fren who is the main applicant? You or him??

Hi fren who is the main applicant? You or him??

I am the main applicant, my boyfriend is my dependent. I was just afraid that non-professional contact might not be seen well. I was given 3 months as a timeframe, now it's been almost 18 week and I really need to know, or my partner won't be able to accept the job.

I am the main applicant, my boyfriend is my dependent. I was just afraid that non-professional contact might not be seen well. I was given 3 months as a timeframe, now it's been almost 18 week and I really need to know, or my partner won't be able to accept the job.

If he is the secondary applicant he can accept the job, it's only u until the visa get approved u can't move anywhere.

correct me if I am wrong!

If he is the secondary applicant he can accept the job, it's only u until the visa get approved u can't move anywhere.

correct me if I am wrong!

That definitely is correct, although I suspect that the problem is that they don't want to offer him the job without knowing that he is able to stay here permanently, right @AusExpat?

That's not exactly it - he's on his own 457 at the moment. This means that his visa still has to be taken over by the new company, and I don't know if this affects the 186 application. In addition, if my 186 application is refused for any reason, I need to be attached to his 457. This can't be done in the transition period of the 457 from one company to the other, which might take a while (last year it took 5 weeks). I am on a bridging visa, so If my 186 is refused I can't wait 5 weeks for the new company to take over his visa and then add me (an extra two weeks at least): it means I'd have to leave the country (and my job) for a couple of months (I can't afford it).

Edited by AusExpat

Ah I didn't realise he was on a 457 also. It shouldn't make any difference to the application at all because you're the main applicant, all they'll be worried about is proving your de facto relationship etc. But I see what you mean about then adding you to his 457 in the unlikely event you needed to.

As long as their application to take over has been submitted, would you not be able to submit your application to be added also? Similar to when you added him to your 186 application whilst it was still in progress?

Edited by Gayle

Ah I didn't realise he was only a 457 also. It shouldn't make any difference to the application at all because you're the main applicant, all they'll be worried about is proving your de facto relationship etc. But I see what you mean about then adding you to his 457 in the unlikely even you needed to.

As long as their application to take over has been submitted, would you not be able to submit your application to be added also? Similar to when you added him to your 186 application?

Well but in that case I'd be added to his visa and I wouldn't be on my 457 anymore. I don't know, it's very tricky! There is that transition period that worries me. And we would have to notify DIAC of this, I don't know what would happen with my BV (I don't even know if I can be added to his 457 while I am on a BV) and blah blah blah. It would be so much easier if we got our PR like, today :D:D:D

Well but in that case I'd be added to his visa and I wouldn't be on my 457 anymore. I don't know, it's very tricky! There is that transition period that worries me. And we would have to notify DIAC of this, I don't know what would happen with my BV (I don't even know if I can be added to his 457 while I am on a BV) and blah blah blah. It would be so much easier if we got our PR like, today :D:D:D

Wish u all the best fren :)

Confused - thought you were on BV now not your 457? If your 457 hasn't expired yet you have nothing to worry about.

But yes - would be far easier if it was just agreed!!