Timeline:

Nomination Submitted: 28 April 2015

Nomination Approval: 31 August

PR Application: Hopefully 1 September 2015

My nomination approval came through this morning - been a long wait but glad it has been processed. Been following the forum for a timeline so decided to post mine as well.

Cheers,

Guys, I have applied for police check for home country, result will come until end of week. I've already attached intention to obtain, do you think it's gonna be ok?

Also my husband got his police check from 3 years ago, since then IN TOTAL he left Australia for less than 3 months. Do you think he need to get a new police check?

@waitinggggg that is wrong I think! Depending on when the application has been lodged, the status "in process" is equal to application received, it does not mean that there is a CO assigned.Assessment in progress means that docs have been requested so CO has obvs been assigned. This is only valid for applications lodged after the end of April I think.

Have a look here anyway

http://www.border.gov.au/help-text/online-account/Documents/status_immiaccount.pdf

Edited by CaptainC
Fixed @ member

Timeline:

Nomination Submitted: 28 April 2015

Nomination Approval: 31 August

PR Application: Hopefully 1 September 2015

My nomination approval came through this morning - been a long wait but glad it has been processed. Been following the forum for a timeline so decided to post mine as well.

Cheers,

Congrats is any one waiting April I not hear anything very stressed..

Guys, I have applied for police check for home country, result will come until end of week. I've already attached intention to obtain, do you think it's gonna be ok?

Also my husband got his police check from 3 years ago, since then IN TOTAL he left Australia for less than 3 months. Do you think he need to get a new police check?

Hi Samantha 11, police checks only last 12mths. We had to get new ones for Australia and the UK before applying.

Good morning to everybody. Just woke up now (im overseas for my wedding) and received the most important gift from the department of immigration. Our visa has been granted today 31/08/2015.

thanks to all of you guys for the support given to me!!!

Congratulations to both of you!

Good morning to everybody. Just woke up now (im overseas for my wedding) and received the most important gift from the department of immigration. Our visa has been granted today 31/08/2015.

thanks to all of you guys for the support given to me!!!

congratsssss

Hi, was just wondering if anyone have in the same situation. The nomination was submitted on 13. 01. 15. Still no news((( going to be 8 mth in 2 weeks time(( has anyone waited that long?

What line of work you in? I can imagine your fustration. That is a long time to wait. Have you phoned the dept at all?

my husband is the main applicant and he is a gas plant supervisor. we doing it through Fragomen because we thought it would be quicker(( called them a month ago and they said that its still processing. that is really frustrating. :arghh: honestly don't know what to think. got a feeling that we probably wouldn't get it

my husband is the main applicant and he is a gas plant supervisor. we doing it through Fragomen because we thought it would be quicker(( called them a month ago and they said that its still processing. that is really frustrating. :arghh: honestly don't know what to think. got a feeling that we probably wouldn't get it

That is ridiculously a very long time, has there been any sort of commumication,

immigration has had that you are unaware of? I had my friend he applied on 9 jan

and he received his nomi + visa on the 19 July after 192 days that was after when his m.a

rang department and the decision was made within hours. I guess if your using m.a ask him

or if you've applied yourself than I think you should ring them up and ask what's been happening

with your nomination.

All the best!!!

I already got the Skill Assessment and Nomination approved! Lodged the 186 Visa application 30th June, wonder how big the probability that the CO will call my manager and myself to investigate?

If the CO calls, typically what kinds of questions they ask?