Why did my status change to "Application received"? I saw some people get that as well

It doesn't really mean anything.

A number of enhancements were introduced to ImmiAccount on 17 April 2015.

[h=2]General enhancements

[/h] The following general enhancements were introduced.

[h=3]New application statuses[/h] The status of In Progress has been retired and three new statuses introduced.

• Application Received – indicating your application has been successfully submitted and will be assessed within advertised application processing timeframes.

• Information Requested – indicating an immigration officer has assessed the application and found that more information is required, so they have requested that you provide further evidence in support of the application.

• Assessment in Progress – You have provided all the requested information. We might proceed to make a decision on your application. We could also ask you for further information. In this case, the status will return to Information requested.

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/resources/immiaccount-enhancements/

Firstly, it was assessment in progress (I get what you are saying, but I am puzzled, and it is weird by reading the information)

And secondly, what is the definition of "last updated"? The modification or is it that someone has looked at it? Because if it is, it is in an unrealistic date

Hey people , We are awaiting our 186 perm residency - Nomination lodged: 13 Feb 2015 with medicals attached so just waiting .

Point of the post is our friend did not lodged till a week after 20 Feb and his came through yesterday so hope that some Feb cases are being looked at . I find this an unfair system that people on here who lodged last year are still waiting and yet people in FEB 2015 are done and dusted ????

Dont get me wrong I am pleased as we are a Feb 2015 case but i would be very p155ed off if i was a 2014 case watching 2015 cases go before me

No further documents requested

I think it depends on the case as well, if you submit a complete set of supporting document, your health check is all good, no criminal records or anything then it would be easier for them to finalise your case.

I think its like todo list, you always want to get the easy things done and dusted first

Ooh my word !!!!! Complete excitement , i think !!!

My case now says assessment in progress as well .... Is this good news guys ? we have everything in place and medicals done ?

Sorry for all others still waiting in 2014 . I truly mean that but we have been here 5 years and its been hell trying to get 186. We were only months from getting it a few years ago and my ex company went bust and made us all redundant and had to start the clock again ..... please let it be us soon.

It has been on application received since March and now just went to Assessment in progress ?

Hi there it was a system upgrade.before it was application received and now it's assessment in progress

good luck

Hi there it was a system upgrade.before it was application received and now it's assessment in progress

good luck

hey Sam , what do you mean by that ?

This is my take on the process

• Application Received – indicating your application has been successfully submitted and will be assessed within advertised application processing timeframes.

• Information Requested – indicating an immigration officer has assessed the application and found that more information is required, so they have requested that you provide further evidence in support of the application.

• Assessment in Progress – You have provided all the requested information. We might proceed to make a decision on your application. We could also ask you for further information. In this case, the status will return to Information requested.

I am nnot great with all this so just going to sit tight and let it happen when it happens but I was kind of thinking with the above processes that this perhaps means mine has a case officer now ?

Hi Friends it's been six and half month for my nomination & application i applied nomination 6th nov 2014, visa 13 march 2015 i haven't herd anything up to now ....... i don't know i called my MA he said he can email them will see when i get my PR.... God please help us who ever waiting for their PR.......good luck my all friends

hey Sam , what do you mean by that ?

This is my take on the process

I am nnot great with all this so just going to sit tight and let it happen when it happens but I was kind of thinking with the above processes that this perhaps means mine has a case officer now ?

Hi even with the May applicants it's assessment in progress now.. When did u applied they are currently looking into jan and February applicant also late dec I believe..hope u will get it soon

Hi even with the May applicants it's assessment in progress now.. When did u applied they are currently looking into jan and February applicant also late dec I believe..hope u will get it soon

Thanks Sam, applied start of February 2015 , i live in QLD so hoping it went to local office - fingers crossed for everybody

Total shambles of a process , spent 5 years here and paid best part of $14'000 for application (we have 3 kids) and still we get dicked about . Anyway all good and everybody will get there in the end.

Cannot wait as the day after I get my residency I am walking straight into office and telling them to stick there job were the australian sun dont shine ... under paid me for best part of 3 years and went back on every promise apart from teh one that they would support my 186 application .

What did it say before? Assessment in progress is what most people get

Hi Pih5ped,

My status saying "Application recieved " before it was "assessment in progress".

My last update date change 16 april to 21 april aswell.

when did you apply and what is your last update date

thanks

Our family (dad is applying, i am a student) applied on the 13th March (unrealistic because that is what I saw from Dec applicants), all docs submitted despite the account not displaying it so

22nd of April, was the last update. that's when we had our medicals supplied

What does last updated mean? I heard it is where the CO has looked at it but I am confused about the online systen

Hii guyz

Am new on this forum , i applied ens 186 on 1 december and co request me for additional document for processing of my application on 18 april and i submitt on 5 may . Now my status is also changet to application received before it show assement in progress . Did any one know what it mean . Why they change it to application received .and also how long they take after the submission of documents.

thanks

HI Hermeet,same to me I applied 9 december , my status is changed to application received .what is your last update date is.