My employers were going to sponsor me for a 457, but they later agreed to go for a 186, some employers prefer 457 as gives them more say over their employees and it's more difficult for them to leave. I'd talk to them see if it's possible, 186 is sooooo much better, however 457 as I'm sure you're aware is a pathway to PR.

Good for you. May I ask how you convinced them?

Good for you. May I ask how you convinced them?

Sure, just explained how much better it was, school fees being introduced in 2015 for 457 (got 3 kids), the fact I would still need to go through the process again in 2 years time, makes sense to just do it once and for all. I have a good relationship with my employer as well and plan to work for them for the years to come.

Yes this is something getting people frustrated...seems team 05 has their own priority so someone got the pr within 2 months while someone waited for 4 months but nothing happened. to some extent this is unfair but it seems there's no way to change their manner.

My applications were both lodged on May 26. It has been 4 months today. Nomination is still not yet approved. My agent said that he would let me know once he is contacted by the CO and he would check my nomination status online at times.

Strange thing is that some people got their PR approved together with the nomination. But for your case, as you said, nomination was approved 2 months ago but you haven't heard from them since then, which is strange.

Please keep trying to contact the department and let us know the progress. FYI, team 05 usually replies email on the next day if they want to reply the email. If you wait for longer than 3 days usually they wouldn't reply your email.

Hi kmchu,

My company lodged my nomination for me, no MA, then I did my application myself a week later. So I'm not surprise when my nomination approval came first.

I actually try to keep myself to think that I'll probably need to wait for 6 months, so that I would be able to go through the waiting period. It helps a little ;)

I have applied on 27th jun.i haven't heared anything yet:(can anyone share something plz

Hi Umar, did you hear anything yet? I lodged application and nomination same day on 26/06, no news yet.

Anyone lodged similar date got good news??? Hopefully can get some response this week...

Hi Umar, did you hear anything yet? I lodged application and nomination same day on 26/06, no news yet.

Anyone lodged similar date got good news??? Hopefully can get some response this week...

Hi everyone,

My application has been lodged at 27/06 (Vic)... No news, so far.

I'm getting pretty anxious as a few applications from 22-25/06 has been approved last week, however I saw in another post (or another forum), that school holidays are in... And a few people might not work this week.

Hi everyone,

My application has been lodged at 27/06 (Vic)... No news, so far.

I'm getting pretty anxious as a few applications from 22-25/06 has been approved last week, however I saw in another post (or another forum), that school holidays are in... And a few people might not work this week.

Mine is in Parramatta Office. I am a bit anxious too...