Considering moving to the UK

jove

Hi all,

havent been on on this site in a long time. But felt I need to vent some steam. I've been in Australia with my wife since January 2013. We moved to Adelaide originally but we are now in Brisbane.

Adelaide was great and quite enjoyed it. Brisbane is also not too bad but the weather here is unbearably humid.

Australia is a great country with a lot going for it but I think I am homesick for Europe. I find the work life here in Australia a bit weird for my liking. Perhaps is my misfortune with the types of companies I have worked with but I honestly miss the culture of holland and the UK. I really do not feel at home here like I did in the Netherlands.

Im trying to convince my wife to return to the Netherlands or try the UK - I'm originally From the UK perhaps Glasgow or maybe England.

i guess some of this unhappiness has something to do with my parents getting older and that I miss them. CertInly that is some of it. But I really get a feeling that Australia is just too remote and that Australians - though for the most part lovely people are a much different than I expected. I guess I just don't feel that I feel at home here.

i don't have a date to move back but I a, looking at getting an Ozzie passport jam 2018 so I suppose I will wait for that, on account that I have a property here and also my son was born here. After that who knows, I want to move back to Europe.

• Like 1

Hi all,

havent been on on this site in a long time. But felt I need to vent some steam. I've been in Australia with my wife since January 2013. We moved to Adelaide originally but we are now in Brisbane.

Adelaide was great and quite enjoyed it. Brisbane is also not too bad but the weather here is unbearably humid.

Australia is a great country with a lot going for it but I think I am homesick for Europe. I find the work life here in Australia a bit weird for my liking. Perhaps is my misfortune with the types of companies I have worked with but I honestly miss the culture of holland and the UK. I really do not feel at home here like I did in the Netherlands.

Im trying to convince my wife to return to the Netherlands or try the UK - I'm originally From the UK perhaps Glasgow or maybe England.

i guess some of this unhappiness has something to do with my parents getting older and that I miss them. CertInly that is some of it. But I really get a feeling that Australia is just too remote and that Australians - though for the most part lovely people are a much different than I expected. I guess I just don't feel that I feel at home here.

i don't have a date to move back but I a, looking at getting an Ozzie passport jam 2018 so I suppose I will wait for that, on account that I have a property here and also my son was born here. After that who knows, I want to move back to Europe.

Well Jove , its interesting times in Europe that's for sure , AND THIS IS JUST THE START OF IT .....i can see it fragmenting even further .

Cant advise on the move ,but the one thing I would miss ,if I was in oz , is Europe , and being part of it ...but not the bloody e.u

I have a theory that we feel at home in certain countries but not in others and if you don't really feel at home in Australia after a few years it is probably best to leave. It is isolated but different cities have a different kind of feel about them too- both Adelaide and Brisbane are very small so it might be that that is a problem?