The chances of getting a resident return visa

AnnetteV

Hi everyone

I have been in Australia for 11 months and I might end up leaving in a few months due to my partners work overseas. I have PR, skilled migration visa, the travel facility runs out end November. Does anyone have experience with getting a RRV, when not having been here for two years? I thought I would apply for a RRV for five years When I get closer to leaving Australia. We do travel a lot and will come to Australia at least one month a year.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8 March 2017 at 10:19 PM, AnnetteV said:

Hi everyone

I have been in Australia for 11 months and I might end up leaving in a few months due to my partners work overseas. I have PR, skilled migration visa, the travel facility runs out end November. Does anyone have experience with getting a RRV, when not having been here for two years? I thought I would apply for a RRV for five years When I get closer to leaving Australia. We do travel a lot and will come to Australia at least one month a year.

Many thanks.

I was only in Australia for 8 months in 2010 and my visa expired in 2014 and not been to Australia since.I managed to get 2 RRVs, each for a year in 2015 and recently 2017. I applied online from the UK all done by myself and relatively easy and granted quickly. The first one was granted without a job offer and the recent one with.