410 visa to which onshore parent contributory visa?

ramot

We are presently on the 410 visa, and now in a position to apply for an onshore parent visa as we have the balance of our family now in Australia.

Do we apply for the 864 visa or the 143 visa?

Would really appreciate which if either of these is the correct visa.

Thank you.

Our 410 is valid till 2020

Edited by ramot

How old are you?

Best regards.

Husband 74, me 72. 2 out of our 3 children in Australia, son is a citizen and daughter has been in Australia for 5 years, has had PR for 18 months, and applying for citizenship shortly.

Just don't quite understand the difference between the 2 visas, would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Husband 74, me 72. 2 out of our 3 children in Australia, son is a citizen and daughter has been in Australia for 5 years, has had PR for 18 months, and applying for citizenship shortly.

Just don't quite understand the difference between the 2 visas, would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

From what you have said so far, I'd apply for the 864 visa over the 143 - assuming you are in Australia as well as having a subclass 410 visa.

If you would like to discuss please send an email or a PM to me (click on my name to the left of this post) with your name and contact details.

Best regards.

From what you have said so far, I'd apply for the 864 visa over the 143 - assuming you are in Australia as well as having a subclass 410 visa.

If you would like to discuss please send an email or a PM to me (click on my name to the left of this post) with your name and contact details.

Best regards.

Thank you Alan for your reply, yes we live in Australia. Will now look into everything.