traditional queenslanders

kellyjamie

Guest JoanneHattersley

You can find a few traditional Queenslanders in Toowong (Duke Street), Taringa, Paddington, and Bardon.

Problem is that a lot of them have been shifted so they are stuck inbetween modern houses

i wondered that because on the few times ive found them on realestate theres been a mix or trditional and new?, have use heard of anyone getting a new built queenslander? theres a company near joyner that makes queenslanders we were thinking of that idea aswell? cheers x

You can buy a plot of land and have a new one built anywere ,you can also buy second hand ones they bring on the back of a truck ,a family nearby have just had one delivered that needs a lick of paint and a bit of TLC ,works out a cheap way to get a nice house.Quite a few plots around here have newly bult queenslanders on ,i will drive by and see if they still have the builders details on a sign outside.You also find because your up on stumps theres a nice breeze so should cut the air con bill down a bit.Just makes sure the stumps are steel or treated wood to keep the termites away,,

Cal x

thanx cal, ive just been watching auction squad and they were doing up a queenslander and they spoke about white ants and termites! yuk! we quite fancy a lovely old looking property and the higher up off the ground away from potential bugs and slithering bu!*ers i can get the better!:biglaugh:

As long as you keep up to date with pest sprays and termite treatments they should never bother you.If you do buy 2nd hand make sure its inspected properly by a pest expert ,last thing youd want is to buy a house with termites!!

Cal x

Archived