motorbikes

simonwilliams

Price it up very carefully and make sure its mint ,tyres as well,you will have to have the spec changed over on arrival and there can be quite a few hidden charges that noone tells you about.When registering it here you also pay a percentage of its value ,they have you over a barrel really.Harleys are big over here have you priced an equivalent up on ebay or the trading post?

Cal x

Thanks Cal.

I will check out the prices of bikes in Oz.

simon

Try n flog it mate it costs a bomb like Cal says to bring it over about 800 to a grand for the physical moving and lots more for the customs excise red tape. Australia is bound in red tape

MALX

AKA bILLY 1m

Guest deebbzz

hi

we to were deciding wether to take oh's cbr600. however that decision has been taken out of our hands when some idiot went through 2 red lights and crashed into my husband on his bike 2 weeks ago.

the bike has been written off, so OH not happy at all

good luck with you move to oz

just way up the odds on taking it and getting rid off it.

my OH is happy also now he can buy a new bike and start all over again when we get there

hi

we to were deciding wether to take oh's cbr600. however that decision has been taken out of our hands when some idiot went through 2 red lights and crashed into my husband on his bike 2 weeks ago.

the bike has been written off, so OH not happy at all

good luck with you move to oz

just way up the odds on taking it and getting rid off it.

my OH is happy also now he can buy a new bike and start all over again when we get there

Tell him to watch out for aussie drivers I have experience of them, they are a nitemare

Malx

Guest andy,tina,lukeandgeorgie

hi i asked about taking bike but the aus fee for import licence was $1400 alone so as everyone says use it here and sell it when your a bit closer to the off!good luck Andy.

Cal.

I had a good look at the trading post, very good. I will hopefully be making the move to Brisbane area in the new year with sue my wife . so looking foward to being able to use a bike all year round.

simon

Bring a one piece waterproof for the light showers ! they are ike rocking horse poo here and small sizes like all the other gear.

malx

alias Billy 1 m

keep your leathers and your waterproofs ,gary said what you said when we came and actually bought the CBR as our 2nd vehicle,,but at 6am on a frosty winters morning its abit colder than youd think,lol, you also have to be very careful of the roads they can get so greasy if it hasnt rained for a bit ,watch the aussies trying to drive in the rain!!!hilarious!!! needless to say the bike was upgraded to a ute and KLX trials for weekends,lol

Cal x

p.s ,,oz ebay sometimes has some cheap bikes on too,,

Cal x

Archived