I can't be the only one? No response from visa people

Melli

I'm in the process of applying for my 189 visa as a carpenter. I've recieved a email asking for more information about my self employment history and they want 8 years worth of weekly invoices!!! This cannot be right. Firstly I'm only claiming for 5 years experience and secondly I don't have 8 years worth of invoices. I've tried emailing them but Havnt had a reply. They also don't actually seem to read what I send as they seem to ask for things that have already been attached and provided. Not too sure what I can do. I'm just sending them the invoices I have and all the tax details I have and hoping for the best. Is there anything I can do to get a reply? Or a phone number?

any help would be good.

I'm afraid this is right. Extensive pay evidence is considered critical by DIBP. Also, although you say you are only claiming 5 years for points, the Department may want to verify an additional three years prior to that in order to count as an informal apprenticeship, making 8 years in total. I don't know if that is the situation in your case, but it may be so.

Pay evidence can be in the form of tax returns, annual accounts & accountant letter, bank statements, breakdowns from the Inland Revenue, letters from employers, and pay slips.

The case officer may well only respond once documents have been sent to them, as they may feel that the original request was clear enough.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan

Do you have accounts you can send along with tax returns?

Hi, I've gone to te bank and got 8 years worth of payments and I've asked my accountant to send me everything he has on me for 8 years. I don't know what more I can actually do. but hopefully this will be fine.

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. They've also requested 8 years worth on invoices?? As a subcontractor I don't really invoice as such I just said an email with what's owed and my payment details and that's it. I was also employed 8 years ago and never invoice at all as I was on a wage. These are all questions I've tried to ask them but with nobody getting back to me so I just send all the info I have hoping it will be enough. I suppose these are the problems you don't have when using a migration agent! Serves me right for trying to save a few bob!

What do you suggest I do for my invoices? As I don't have them in word files or documents? They are just my details on an email to the contractor I work for. Should I screen shot them? Or just copy and past them? Or will I have supplied enough with all my payment details?

I Havnt recieved anything through the post from anybody as it's all being done online. Do you think this letter will be helpful?

We recommend the MPA letter is obtained for many trade skills applicant clients prior to the submission of the Expression of Interest, to provide a measure of comfort as to the points being claimed for skilled work experience.

DIBP case officers are not obliged to accept the MPA letter, but they should have regard to the work experience as validated by TRA.

Best regards.

We recommend the MPA letter is obtained for many trade skills applicant clients prior to the submission of the Expression of Interest, to provide a measure of comfort as to the points being claimed for skilled work experience.

DIBP case officers are not obliged to accept the MPA letter, but they should have regard to the work experience as validated by TRA.

Best regards.

Ok thanks that's great. I'll try and get one of these. Surely they know that I've provided evidence as I've had to transfer my qualification to the Australian equivalent. In which I had to provide a lot of details about the same stuff. But not quite as much detail I suppose.

Ok thanks that's great. I'll try and get one of these. Surely they know that I've provided evidence as I've had to transfer my qualification to the Australian equivalent. In which I had to provide a lot of details about the same stuff. But not quite as much detail I suppose.

TRA usually advises 60 business days to produce the MPA letter - do you have sufficient time to persuade your DIBP case officer?

Best regards.

TRA usually advises 60 business days to produce the MPA letter - do you have sufficient time to persuade your DIBP case officer?

Best regards.

I only have 7 days left until my requested information is needed. And trying to get hold of my case officer is pretty much impossible. I'll send of everything I have and hope that will do. They may then ask for it. But they only give 28 days for fursther informaion so I don't know how they will expect me to get one in that time if you say it takes 60 days