Residential care officer

Quokka2005

Hi!

I recently noticed this route on the list. My current job matches quite a lot of the job description but I work in people's homes. I've been looking at residential units this year though. Can someone explain the route to me - what I'd need etc? I noticed that Tasmania and NT are the ones state sponsoring but I'm unsure what qualifications and other things are required.

Its probably not likely but it's just something I wanted to enquire about.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's 3421-15. I ended up messaging a migration agent after I never got a response. They said NVQ/SVQ 3 isn't enough so I need to study and get a HNC to be eligible for the SS. I've found one or 2 companies that sponsor people but more down the youth worker type route but id need the HNC for that too to be equivalent of the Australia diploma

Yeah he said one year post qualifying experience. My other option is nursing but I like my type of job so might have been a good option. I applied for the access to nursing course and I've applied for the course that gets me into the HNC the following year. So I guess I'll see what happens. If I studied when i first ever thought of it years ago, I would probably have a visa by now haha.