Skills assessment AITSL

jamiewarren1981

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with the AITSL as I have had. Last Tuesday morning I had an email requesting further evidence of my supervised teaching practices to be sent to Australia. I contacted my university again, got another letter, got it signed off by my current head and posted it yesterday. The original email from AITSL said I had until 11 June 2017 to submit the evidence.

This morning I woke up to an email from AITSL saying that my skills assessment was complete and that the outcome was being posted. Considering there is no way what I posted yesterday could have got to Canberra, I was wondering if anyone else had ever had this experience or could perhaps shed some light on a rather strange situation.

Cheers,

Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should maybe add that my original letter from university stated the number of days I was on school placement rather than calling it supervised teaching practice. The letter I posted yesterday was the same letter but calling the placements supervised teaching practices.

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with the AITSL as I have had. Last Tuesday morning I had an email requesting further evidence of my supervised teaching practices to be sent to Australia. I contacted my university again, got another letter, got it signed off by my current head and posted it yesterday. The original email from AITSL said I had until 11 June 2017 to submit the evidence.

This morning I woke up to an email from AITSL saying that my skills assessment was complete and that the outcome was being posted. Considering there is no way what I posted yesterday could have got to Canberra, I was wondering if anyone else had ever had this experience or could perhaps shed some light on a rather strange situation.

Cheers,

Jamie

AITSL send you a Certificate by Australia Post.

Bit of a wait for you, but it seems you'll either have a 'yay' or 'nay' in a couple of weeks.

In light of that info, your next move can be planned then.

Let us know how you get on?

B

Fingers crossed it's good news. My husband received his letter a few days after the email to say it had been posted. Hopefully you won't have to wait long. We are just waiting for the visa grant now as uploaded all additional documents last week. X

It was a yes. Never shook so much as when I was opening the envelope. Now I just need to send them statements of employment and book my English assessment. :-)

Good for you :)

The Skills Assesment is the most important part of the puzzle in my opinion.

Pour yourselves a nice glass of something to celebrate!

B

We sent off our letters of employment at the same time as you only have to wait and pay once then.

Brilliant news that you have a positive skills assessment though.

We are just waiting to hear if our visa application has been successful.

• 2 months later...

Hi. Hoping to go to Sydney. Everything came back with Skilled Employment Statement and now applied for visa. Just waiting for medicals and police checks and a quick turn around. Hoping to be able to resign before 31 May to leave in the summer.

Congratulations on the positive result!

Yes, AITSL have a policy of never revealing the details of the result outwith the hard copy result letter itself, so applicants must endure a painful wait after notification, while the letter makes its way over!

Regards,

Richard

Archived