ACRO police certificate

Bex Pearle

Hi guys

I have applied for my ACRO police certificate as I am going to apply for de facto partner visa in March. I did the application online.

How long was it typically before you got a response? I applied around two weeks ago. The person I nominated to countersign it hasn't been contacted yet either.

Sorry in advance as I am sure I will have lots of questions re this visa.

Rebecca.

I don't get why you are applying for it so early. They are only valid for a year and although some partner visas are coming through within 6 months the official wait time is 10-14 and some are still taking this long.

You generally wait till you have lodged and its requested by your CO. Its easy to apply for and submit. Same with medical. You wait till your CO asks you to undertake it. Again, these are only valid for a year.

They take the first entry to Aus date from the medical or police check, whichever was done first. So really there was no point in doing police check so early if not applying till March.

Applied for it now as just going by their website, which states to submit police checks from any other country you have lived in with the application.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-/Partner-visa-(subclasses-820-and-801)-document-checklist

• Police certificates from each country in which anyone in your application has spent a total of 12 months or more in the past 10 years since turning 16 years of age. Provide the original certificates and keep a copy for yourself.

Applied for it now as just going by their website, which states to submit police checks from any other country you have lived in with the application.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-/Partner-visa-(subclasses-820-and-801)-document-checklist

• Police certificates from each country in which anyone in your application has spent a total of 12 months or more in the past 10 years since turning 16 years of age. Provide the original certificates and keep a copy for yourself.

I think you may have been selective with your extract from the instructions. Immigration state to obtain police checks and medicals on request. Applying for them now when you are not even going to lodge the partner visa application until March, will almost certainly mean you will be redoing them anyway as they will have expired. If you have some more to do that you have not yet started then save yourself time, money and effort and don't send off for them.

To your original questio, they take two weeks give or take and it is unlikely that your witness / signatory will be contacted at all.

Nope I wasn't selective, it is on the document checklist. I phoned immigration up earlier today and they said it is valid for 12 months away.

I have heard quite a lot of people say they they applied for it before they sent the visa application off.

Rammygirl I am in Australia. Will not be leaving the country at all next year.