Revoke De Facto after PR granted

Guest nblee123

Guest nblee123

Hi all, here is my situation.

I got 189 Independent skilled PR granted this year July (as the primary applicant). My ex girl friend got 189 PR granted at the same time (as the secondary applicant). We were under De Facto Relationship.

This year October, our relationship was kind of breakup (Due to financial issues, property purchase, etc). So we applied to revoke our De Facto to Birth, Death and Marriage Department. Our revoke application will be approved by next year January (2017 Jan) because of the 3 months cooling period.

I just have few queries:

1. Does this revoke De Facto will affect both my and my ex girl friend's PR?

2. Do we both need to inform DIBP this revoke?

3. If we change our address, do we need to inform DIBP regarding this?

4. Do Birth, Death and Marriage Department will inform DIBP?

I appreciate any assistance here I am a bit worried as our relationship break up only after 4 months after granting PR.

Guest nblee123
From what you have posted, you do not need to tell the DIBP anything.

Thanks for your quick reply.

So basically this revoke won't affect any parties PR accordingly ?

Hi all, here is my situation.

I got 189 Independent skilled PR granted this year July (as the primary applicant). My ex girl friend got 189 PR granted at the same time (as the secondary applicant). We were under De Facto Relationship.

This year October, our relationship was kind of breakup (Due to financial issues, property purchase, etc). So we applied to revoke our De Facto to Birth, Death and Marriage Department. Our revoke application will be approved by next year January (2017 Jan) because of the 3 months cooling period.

I just have few queries:

1. Does this revoke De Facto will affect both my and my ex girl friend's PR?

2. Do we both need to inform DIBP this revoke?

3. If we change our address, do we need to inform DIBP regarding this?

4. Do Birth, Death and Marriage Department will inform DIBP?

I appreciate any assistance here I am a bit worried as our relationship break up only after 4 months after granting PR.

I am not sure what you are trying to do or what you mean by revoke. There is no need to inform any authority when a relationship breaks down, happens all the time. There are no visa consequences to this beak up.

Guest nblee123
I am not sure what you are trying to do or what you mean by revoke. There is no need to inform any authority when a relationship breaks down, happens all the time. There are no visa consequences to this beak up.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the unclear.

Revoke means apply 'revoke De Facto Relationship certificate'. Since we applied this certificate one year ago to apply PR.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the unclear.

Revoke means apply 'revoke De Facto Relationship certificate'. Since we applied this certificate one year ago to apply PR.

Never heard of this concept. Very strange. Why do you think you need to do it?

Guest nblee123
Never heard of this concept. Very strange. Why do you think you need to do it?

Because my parent purchased a property, and my name is under it. They concern the property will be part of her.

For avoiding any further financial conflict, they reckon to revoke this relationship certificate legally is the best way.

Because my parent purchased a property, and my name is under it. They concern the property will be part of her.

For avoiding any further financial conflict, they reckon to revoke this relationship certificate legally is the best way.

So are you saying that at one time you registered the relationship, for example when you were applying for the visa?

I am am sure it is worth revoking it in that case, but reading, I can see nothing to suggest that the defacto partners have ownership rights to each other's assets. It seems to be more about proving the relationship for visa, tax and benefit reasons.

Guest nblee123
So are you saying that at one time you registered the relationship, for example when you were applying for the visa?

I am am sure it is worth revoking it in that case, but reading, I can see nothing to suggest that the defacto partners have ownership rights to each other's assets. It seems to be more about proving the relationship for visa, tax and benefit reasons.

Yes. De Facto certificate was registered for VISA. We were couple and were in a genuine relationship. We were young and didn't think about that more (property, finance etc.)

So if this revoke won't affect our PR at all, and DIBP no need to be informed, we will do it as per above mentioned reasons.

Again, thanks for your assistance!