visa query?

ickleric

hi,

thinking about applying for a 190 visa in South Australia, am i right in thinking once its approved i have 12 months to for my 1st trip to SA to start the two year period to activate the visa?? Anyone got any experience with the 190 visa things to look out for etc??

thanks

Richard

thanks. my other question is once i have done my two year stint in SA, i know its only after 4 years you can apply for australian citizianship. but after the two years am i allowed to then leave australian and come back anytime or do i have to wait for the 4 year period???

thanks

thanks. my other question is once i have done my two year stint in SA, i know its only after 4 years you can apply for australian citizianship. but after the two years am i allowed to then leave australian and come back anytime or do i have to wait for the 4 year period???

thanks

You don't have to do anything. Australia is not a police state, immigrants are not held prisoner. What exactly is it you want to know or are trying too achieve?

As i want to apply for a 190 visa, which means you have to live in your chosen sponsered state of choise for two years to start with before living anywhere else in australia, i wondered whether after the two years can i go back to the UK for a few years and come back on the same visa, or do i have to live in australia for 4 years before going back and forth??/

As i want to apply for a 190 visa, which means you have to live in your chosen sponsered state of choise for two years to start with before living anywhere else in australia, i wondered whether after the two years can i go back to the UK for a few years and come back on the same visa, or do i have to live in australia for 4 years before going back and forth??/

You dont "have" to do anything. As I say, Australia is not a police state. You are not captured prisoner upon your arrival, you may come and go as you please for the duration you have travel rights on your visa.

If you stay for two years or indeed less, you can go back to the UK - in fact you can go back as many times as you like for as long or as short as you like - your visa expires 5 years after issue though after which you need to either apply for citizenship (for which you need to have lived in the country for 4 years in total) or apply for a RRV visa which you can apply for from the UK but I think you would then only get it for a year & if you had been out of the country 3 years for no good reason it may be declined.

So if you want to come for a couple of years and then go back to the UK I'd suggest returning when there is 12 months left to run on your visa and then apply for a RRV which will then be issued for 5 years & again for 5 years you can come and go as you please.