Primary school teacher visa 190

Becky1984

Hi there,

Just looking for some advice. I'm a primary school teacher with 10 years experience and I'm currently going through the process to try and emigrate. I've been invited to apply for state nomination with WA on schedule 2 but need a contract of employment to proceed. Do I have any chance of getting a position without a visa? It seems to be a catch 22 situation.

Could anyone explain the situation if I managed to get a school to sponsor me through the process?

Thanks!

Becky

No, you won't get a position without a visa. There are hundreds of home grown primary teachers who can't get jobs so you would be at the back of the queue for a position and if you do, by some fluke, get offered something, chances are that it will be in a place that nobody in their right mind actually wants to live in (definitely not the Pommie "dream" of Australia anyway).

Are you 4 year University trained? If you only have a 3 year BEd then you aren't qualified to teach in Australia no matter how many years experience you may have.

Hi there,

Just looking for some advice. I'm a primary school teacher with 10 years experience and I'm currently going through the process to try and emigrate. I've been invited to apply for state nomination with WA on schedule 2 but need a contract of employment to proceed. Do I have any chance of getting a position without a visa? It seems to be a catch 22 situation.

Could anyone explain the situation if I managed to get a school to sponsor me through the process?

Thanks!

Becky

The reality is that nobody living overseas is likely to be able to meet this criteria. The provision isn't aimed at candidates like you, it is more for those people already living and working in the state on a temporary visa but wish to get a permanent one.

Archived