Veterinary nurse positions

olikowalewski

Hi everyone,

Me and my partner will hopefully be moving to Sydney from the UK in the next few months. I am being sponsored and we will be on a 457 visa. And yes I understand it's only temporary. I will be able to support the both of us, but eventually she will be looking for a veterinary nurse position.

I am sure you have been asked the same question a hundred times, but what are the chances of her finding work in Sydney? I've read that employers are unwilling to employ partners of 457 visa holders, is this a major problem? We have seen a few jobs online, but not sure what's the best route to take. Does she contact them now, or wait until we are in the country?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may make it a little harder than normal, but plenty of people do secure work as a 457 secondary visa holder. I guess will depend on her general ability to land jobs.

I think it would be pointless applying whilst you are overseas though, it may only prove to dishearten her and be counter productive. Just wait.

It may make it a little harder than normal, but plenty of people do secure work as a 457 secondary visa holder. I guess will depend on her general ability to land jobs.

I think it would be pointless applying whilst you are overseas though, it may only prove to dishearten her and be counter productive. Just wait.

Yes I see what your saying, I suppose we are trying to be as prepared as possible. I don't think she would have a problem being suitable (experience and qualification wise), it's just what I've read up on being on a temporary visa. But thanks for the feedback [emoji1303]

Yes I see what your saying, I suppose we are trying to be as prepared as possible. I don't think she would have a problem being suitable (experience and qualification wise), it's just what I've read up on being on a temporary visa. But thanks for the feedback [emoji1303]

Some jobs may give preference to Citizens and PR holders - it may very well say that in the advert, it shouldn't stop your OH applying though.