Dependent child 143 evidences

Tien Duong

Hi guys I just need your advice urgently please. has been very very frustrating

I have been included with my parents in CPV 143. CO has satisfied with me being a full time student. However, they want me to provide additional evidences to prove dependency. My parents travel to Australia and live with me mostly the whole two years. The problem is they have been providing me with cash and deposit into my bank accounts. Sometimes, they also transfer me money from their CBA account to mine. I havent been working at all the past 2.5 years. Before that, was only on casual jobs.

Also, Receipts from uni tuitions were from my bank account. However, we can prove from statements that the money has always been deposited weekly to prepare for my uni fees and expenses.

Iam just worried if I will be accepted as a dependent child. This has stressed me out the past weeks :(

I am not sure I understand your post to be honest. What has been very very frustrating? And why is it a problem that your parents have been transferring you money - surely that would help the situation not hinder it?

On what visa have your parents been living in Australia on for the last two years? I am asking because it might be better if you use phrases like "I live with my parents" rather than "my parents live with me" because the form give a better impression of dependency.

Hi. Thanks for the reply and sorry about the confusion. My parents have been in Australia on tourist visa the past two years. We have been asked to provide more evidences of dependency such as bank statements from Dad in australia as well as uni receipts under my parents name. What I have been stressed about were that payments were made from my bank account. However, he did deposit cash into my account regularly in australia as well as bank transfers.

would it be sufficient at all?

Hi. Thanks for the reply and sorry about the confusion. My parents have been in Australia on tourist visa the past two years. We have been asked to provide more evidences of dependency such as bank statements from Dad in australia as well as uni receipts under my parents name. What I have been stressed about were that payments were made from my bank account. However, he did deposit cash into my account regularly in australia as well as bank transfers.

I have no idea if it will be sufficient, sorry. I still don't understand the problem with them transferring you money, as I said, why isn't this good?

Maybe they are wondering how your parents have been supporting all three of you whilst being on holiday in Australia for the last two years. Presumably they have a large private income and can produce evidence of it? That might help to show how they have been supporting you, DIBP may just be wondering about the source of the funding for you all.

It is not a "normal" situation for a student to be wholly supported by his parents whilst they are on a two year holiday and not working themselves.

Edited by Nemesis

Maybe they are wondering how your parents have been supporting all three of you whilst being on holiday in Australia for the last two years. Presumably they have a large private income and can produce evidence of it? That might help to show how they have been supporting you, DIBP may just be wondering about the source of the funding for you all.

It is not a "normal" situation for a student to be wholly supported by his parents whilst they are on a two year holiday and not working themselves.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Yes, we have also thought about that point and have provided my migration agent evidences for the source of money such as sale of our properties back in overseas and the time that my parents and I travel back and forth. We also explained that everytime we went overseas, we brought some cash in too. I admit it would have been easier if they transfered money to me from overseas. We still waiting for the reply from PVC thou.

Sure thing I will let you guys know about the outcome. Our agent just sent all documents to PVC and hopefully we will hear from them very soon since we are nearly at the finalising stage.

And Yes, 143 visa now takes more than 2 years. We lodged from June 2014 and didnt hear from CO till September 2016. With all the hassles from CEntrelink abt the AOS as well, I guess it would take at least 28-29 months to complete.

Personally, I think your evidence is strong enough. Relax and tell us when you get PR visa.

Your parent visa 143 took more than 2 years to process, did they require the evidence of dependency during those 2 years (up to decision date)?