Finding best Super fund (now resident in UK)

carozd

Hi,

My dual nationality partner has around $50k in a Media Super fund in Oz back from when he lived and worked there. It's not very well performing so we were wondering if any one could recommend an Independent Financial Advisor to get it better invested. We've just found out it can't be transferred to the UK where he is now resident.

Any advice welcomed!

Cheers

Hi,

My dual nationality partner has around $50k in a Media Super fund in Oz back from when he lived and worked there. It's not very well performing so we were wondering if any one could recommend an Independent Financial Advisor to get it better invested. We've just found out it can't be transferred to the UK where he is now resident.

Any advice welcomed!

Cheers

do you have different investment options within the fund?

Hi,

Any advice welcomed!

Cheers

Hello

Can you tell me what the investment option he is in is called?

Regards

Andy

Hello

Can you tell me what the investment option he is in is called?

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

Yes it's 'Balanced (My Super)' through Media Super. It's returned 3% last year and 7.62% over the last 5 years, 4.98% over the last 10 years. There is the option to change the investment style or portfolio. As he is now resident back in the UK, payments will be made into a UK fund not this one.

Many thanks for your time,

Caroline

Hi Caroline

I certainly wouldn't say that it is performing badly.

The Balanced option for Media Super has around 70% of it's assets exposed to growth assets ie share markets and 30% to defensive assets ie cash and bonds.

Below is a comparison of the Media Super Balanced option against that of the average return for the Balanced and Growth options as measure by Super Ratings comparison site.

The Media Super sits in their Balanced benchmark but just to the higher side of it, see here:

[TABLE=width: 74%]

[TR]

[TD]30/9/2016[/TD]

[TD]1 Yr[/TD]

[TD]3 Yr[/TD]

[TD]5 Yr[/TD]

[TD]7 Yr[/TD]

[TD]10Yr[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Super ratings comparisons[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Media Super Balanced (default)[/TD]

[TD]8.31[/TD]

[TD]7.55[/TD]

[TD]9.43[/TD]

[TD]7.12[/TD]

[TD]5.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SR50 Balanced (60-76 (growth assets)) Index[/TD]

[TD]7.83%[/TD]

[TD]7.51%[/TD]

[TD]9.62%[/TD]

[TD]7.51%[/TD]

[TD]5.42%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SR50 Growth (77-90 (growth assets)) Index[/TD]

[TD]7.59%[/TD]

[TD]8.05%[/TD]

[TD]10.68%[/TD]

[TD]7.92%[/TD]

[TD]5.20%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Therefore I certainly would not be rushing out to change super funds based on performance.

Kind regards

Andy

Hi,

Any advice welcomed!

Cheers

Sorry a bit late with this question. Just wondering for what reason A transfer cannot be made to the UK? I do realise the rules between the two countries can be complicated. Actually this was my OH's query!!

Please PM me if the reason is confidential. Thank you. C.

Sorry a bit late with this question. Just wondering for what reason A transfer cannot be made to the UK? I do realise the rules between the two countries can be complicated. Actually this was my OH's query!!

Please PM me if the reason is confidential. Thank you. C.

There is legislstion saying you can't, it's not personal to our situation.

The excellent Andy explains it in this thread: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/money-finance/106245-transferring-oz-super-uk.html