Let's talk about cheques...

Beaty

....no, forget the cheques, let's talk about cash money actually!

How much AUD funds had you at your disposal on arrival in Australia?

Had you enough?

Or did you have to call a friend??

Paint a picture for all of us naive migrants to be....

B

In today's days of opening a bank account online and transferring your funds directly and getting your debit card on arrival in australia. .. why do you want to go through cash and cheques. ..

I got a prepaid travel card loaded with 1000 aud plus another 1000 aud in cash for emergency. .

The rest of the money I wire transferred directly after opening my accoun online with the bank... came showed my documentation got my card and had access to all the funds

Best regards

Nick

In today's days of opening a bank account online and transferring your funds directly and getting your debit card on arrival in australia. .. why do you want to go through cash and cheques. ..

I got a prepaid travel card loaded with 1000 aud plus another 1000 aud in cash for emergency. .

The rest of the money I wire transferred directly after opening my accoun online with the bank... came showed my documentation got my card and had access to all the funds

Best regards

Nick

I had my tongue in my cheek Nick!

B

As The Raillys said, depends what you want to do.

Look up rental prices on realestate.com.au then add another $80-120/wk for food, $75/wk electric/gas. You also can't get credit to buy a car unless you have a job so you'll need money for that. We forecasted that we'd need to afford at least 6 months if we didn't get jobs. Also, use a money transfer company to move your money across, you get a better deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk