What to do?

bluejays

I agree wholeheartedly with Tea4too. We are in the process of trying to move back to the UK and on Monday I lost my dad. The anguish, pain and grief are indescribable. And as for the feelings of guilt at not being there for my mum and sister, I can't even think about that! 24hrs is not how long it could take to get there, there are things to organise and as for flights at this time of year.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi All.

Been in Melbourne for 7 years and we love it, that was until 2 months go when my dad had a stroke my mother in law diagnosed with cancer and my mum passed away suddenly went back to the UK luckly my brother has been great sorting stuff out but i realized how much i missed my family and friends thinking of moving back but with Brexit at the moment it would it be silly to leave secure and well well paid jobs for the uncertainty back in the UK, due to go back at Christmas for a holiday maybe things might be clearer then.

Anybody else been in a similar situation.

Sorry to hear about your past few months, I hope the trip back at Christmas helps you make this tough decision...

We are also in a similar dilemma as I have mentioned on a few other posts we are moving back Jan/feb after 7 years in MEL. leaving secure jobs and the uncertainty of life back in Uk is a scary thought and many many people I have spoke with have advised myself and my husband against it, but we should do what makes us happy.... jobs can also come and go so we are thinking of it as a adventure & having familiar surroundings, life long friends and extended family to help you settle back in will make a whole world of a difference... oh and Brexit Is the least of your worries, your happiness comes first!

Wishing you the best for your travels over Xmas!

Sorry to hear about your past few months, I hope the trip back at Christmas helps you make this tough decision...

We are also in a similar dilemma as I have mentioned on a few other posts we are moving back Jan/feb after 7 years in MEL. leaving secure jobs and the uncertainty of life back in Uk is a scary thought and many many people I have spoke with have advised myself and my husband against it, but we should do what makes us happy.... jobs can also come and go so we are thinking of it as a adventure & having familiar surroundings, life long friends and extended family to help you settle back in will make a whole world of a difference... oh and Brexit Is the least of your worries, your happiness comes first!

Wishing you the best for your travels over Xmas!

When we told people we were moving to the UK and taking our young kids you could be mistaken for thinking we were going to some sort of 3rd world country lol

Our kids absolutely love it and never even talk about Australia, they consider themselves English.

Please don't fall into this trap of thinking Brexit is in some way impacting on people's lives, it really isnt. Every scare story so far has proven to be just that, scaremongering.

When we told people we were moving to the UK and taking our young kids you could be mistaken for thinking we were going to some sort of 3rd world country lol

Our kids absolutely love it and never even talk about Australia, they consider themselves English.

Please don't fall into this trap of thinking Brexit is in some way impacting on people's lives, it really isnt. Every scare story so far has proven to be just that, scaremongering.

Haha good way to put it! When telling people about our move back we often hear the phase "ohhhh why on earth would you want to move back, Especially with brexit" [emoji848][emoji19], my answer every time, because it's my home and we miss living there, nothing more, nothing less lol

Haha good way to put it! When telling people about our move back we often hear the phase "ohhhh why on earth would you want to move back, Especially with brexit" [emoji848][emoji19], my answer every time, because it's my home and we miss living there, nothing more, nothing less lol

There tends to be an attitude in Australia that nowhere could possibly be as good and the UK especially couldn't possibly be a better place to live, it's unthinkable lol

The amount of rubbish I hear about Brexit is mindboggling, you seriously would think we have been plunged into a deep recession, oh no that was one of the scare stories.

I agree wholeheartedly with Tea4too. We are in the process of trying to move back to the UK and on Monday I lost my dad. The anguish, pain and grief are indescribable. And as for the feelings of guilt at not being there for my mum and sister, I can't even think about that! 24hrs is not how long it could take to get there, there are things to organise and as for flights at this time of year.....

So sorry to hear your news :sad: I hope you manage to get your flights organised soon.

So sorry to hear that! It really is the tyranny of distance at times like this. Hope you can get things sorted so that you are on your way soon!

Archived