Skilled Visa Application issues

ronnyjegan

Hi there,

I am new to the forum and i have had a look to see if the answer to my question has been posted, i cant seem to find it so apologies if i am repeating.

I am currently in the process of applying for my skilled visa application, i have been sponsored by the state of Victoria. I have been requested to submit a form 80 which i have and now after providing all the requested information they are now looking for a form 80 for my partner who is not applying for a visa and is a New Zealand citizen - is this normal? I seem to have a new case office review my file after i submit the required information and every time i do they request something new. This has happened 3 times now and i just feel every time i give them something they are going to want something else, has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks,

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

If you included your partner as a secondary migrating applicant than a request for Form 80 is normal. But you said that your partner is not included in the application, so I agree with you in that I can't see why the Form 80 has been requested. You can simply provide the requested document, just to keep things moving along. Or you can ask why it has been requested when your partner is not included in the application.

Having said that, if your partner is, as you said, an NZ citizen, why didn't you include your partner in the application so that s/he can also get a permanent visa?

Is that because s/he is eligible for permanent residency without needing to be included? You might want to check this.

The Department seems to have hired lots of new workers and not all of them are up to speed with all relevant requirements. The Department has also abandoned the "one case officer works on the same file" model, which is why you have received numerous requests. It may well be that one case officer has overlooked something, or that another case officer isn't that experienced and so is asking for documents that are not relevant.

Hi I am also new here. I am currently filling in Form 80. Under passport details, it asks "is this the original issue date?" I have had my passport renewed last 2013. I am using my new one in my skilled visa application. Should I answer "no" and write the issuance date of my old passport? My old passport has a different number as well. Thanks for the help in advance.

Pia it is a bit hard to understand your question. If you are completing passport details for your current passport, and the issue date on the current passport is 2013 then that is the issue date. The form also asks about old passports so you do have the chance to also include old passport information. Also, you can explain the passports and any discrepancies with issue date (if there are any) at the end of the form under the additional information section.

Hi I am also new here. I am currently filling in Form 80. Under passport details, it asks "is this the original issue date?" I have had my passport renewed last 2013. I am using my new one in my skilled visa application. Should I answer "no" and write the issuance date of my old passport? My old passport has a different number as well. Thanks for the help in advance.

The original issue date question is referring to situations where the same passport has been re-issued: e.g. your passport was stolen and reissued. If your passport has never been re-issued to you (renewal is not a reissue)the answer is YES

Hi SOMV,

Thank you for your response. in line with your advice i have phoned and ask why they are requesting it as my partner is not included in the migration and the response was that the case office has the right to request the details if they want and that non migrating person must meet the requirements. Like you suggested i am going to supply the information as requested as i cannot see any other option

As she is on a 422 which allows her to stay and work here we prioritized getting my visa, in retrospect it would of been better for us to have a joint application.

It appears exactly as you said that it looks like it is a lot of new workers and maybe experience is playing a part. I dont mind providing the information, i just wish there was a definitively list of their requirements on everything that is required. Each separate request is not related to the previous submission, it is very piecemeal and frustrating. Hopefully i will get there.

Thanks again for your advice.

Hi SOMV, Thank you for your response. in line with your advice i have phoned and ask why they are requesting it as my partner is not included in the migration and the response was that the case office has the right to request the details if they want and that non migrating person must meet the requirements. Like you suggested i am going to supply the information as requested as i cannot see any other option As she is on a 422 which allows her to stay and work here we prioritized getting my visa, in retrospect it would of been better for us to have a joint application. It appears exactly as you said that it looks like it is a lot of new workers and maybe experience is playing a part. I dont mind providing the information, i just wish there was a definitively list of their requirements on everything that is required. Each separate request is not related to the previous submission, it is very piecemeal and frustrating. Hopefully i will get there. Thanks again for your advice.

You are doing your partner a HUGE disservice by not including her on the application. It is not too late to add her on, I would implore you to do so without delay.

The 422 visa is a temporary visa and it always will be, she will never obtain the rights of a permanent resident or citizen on this visa, including social benefits if she falls ill and cannot work. A few years ago there were terrible floods in Australia and even the help provided to those who lost their homes was not extended to NZ living in Australia temporary visas.

You say that the priority was getting your visa. This makes no sense as you could get the pair of you a visa at the same time, priority doesn't come into it. Please please update your application.

I did say in retrospect it would of been better for us to have a joint application, we are looking about applying for a permanent visa for her and in light of the comments here possibly on mine if it can still be done

thanks

Yes I know you did. But I thought you still might not have fully understood the consequences and indeed did not seem to realise that it is by no means too late to rectify it. In fact you still do not appear to realise that. It would be very easy to add her on to the application now, there is no question about "whether it is possible", it is totally possible but you must do it without delay because once your visa is granted then it is too late.

You are doing your partner a HUGE disservice by not including her on the application. It is not too late to add her on, I would implore you to do so without delay.

The 422 visa is a temporary visa and it always will be, she will never obtain the rights of a permanent resident or citizen on this visa, including social benefits if she falls ill and cannot work. A few years ago there were terrible floods in Australia and even the help provided to those who lost their homes was not extended to NZ living in Australia temporary visas.

You say that the priority was getting your visa. This makes no sense as you could get the pair of you a visa at the same time, priority doesn't come into it. Please please update your application.

Just wondering, if they are treating her as a non-migrating dependent for Form 79 urposes, are they also likely to ask for meds and pcc for her?

Just wondering, if they are treating her as a non-migrating dependent for Form 79 urposes, are they also likely to ask for meds and pcc for her?

Yes they will. Even more reason to put her on the application as migrating as she is going through all the same motions anyway and then won't get a visa at the end of it.