Varsity Lakes/Robina

kaiapoilady

Hi, We lived in Varsity Lakes for 3 years and have just moved to Reedy Creek 'the' new suburb to be in so I am told.

Robina is a good area, everything you would need and more.

Varsity College Primary and Secondary school (state) is one of the best in country, our eldest goes there and our youngest will be starting prep in Jan.

In the 3 years we rented in Varsity we felt the area (our road/area) declined slightly with the kind of people who lived there, once owner occupiers moved and investors came in and then rented the places out...but thats more down to the tenants, not the area.

We now live on a brand new development after building our own house and the neighbours etc are much more considerate and conscious than our previous renter neighbours,

Hope this helps

Hi,

My cousin (who is married with young kids) has lived in Robina for many years. I have visited him/Robina many times and always loved the area. Of course I do not know the area much but they always have good things to say about the area. It's also close to the beaches and anything else you need really. It feels very safe too.

He works in Brisbane and takes the train everyday (I think it takes him an hour to arrive) which is not very happy about, but that's a choice he had to take as they love it down there.

Cheers

B!K3R

Hi Everyone

Just wondering what the area's of Varsity Lakes and Robina are like to live in

Good or bad reports please

Both areas have got a good reputation and very favourable with expats . I don't live there personally as we settled on the Northern end of the GC due to work commitments but have friends whom live there and are very happy . If your on face book it might be worth joining Gold Coast pomms n ozzies and Brits on the Gold Coast groups as there are lots of members that live there that will give you great advice . They have a lot of meet ups too so really good for newbies arriving on the Gold Coast

We've lived in Robina for four years and love the place. You're 10-15 minutes from Miami/Nobbys/Burleigh beaches, near the M1 motorway to get wherever you need to, the Gold Coast Hinterland is in touching distance on the other side of the motorway, you're on the Brisbane main rail line, you have the biggest shopping centre on the Gold Coast (although I believe Pac Fair will be bigger soon), the footy stadium, tons of nice parks, restaurants etc... Varsity is kind of an extension to Robina... I believe it used to be part of Robina until they decided it was going to be it's own suburb and took in a chunk of Robina and Burleigh.

Can't go wrong in Robina mate... also plenty of ex-pats around to help you settle in.