Woombye and Palmwoods

kaiju

Hi, we are thinking of moving interstate and these two suburbs have really caught our eye with regards to village community feel and still not far from the action. (Or so we believe from our internet research so far.)

Can anyone shed any light on these suburbs? Both seem to have decent state primary schools, but what will our senior school options be for instance?

Cheers

Hi, we are thinking of moving interstate and these two suburbs have really caught our eye with regards to village community feel and still not far from the action. (Or so we believe from our internet research so far.)

Can anyone shed any light on these suburbs? Both seem to have decent state primary schools, but what will our senior school options be for instance?

Cheers

If you can it's best to visit.

Palmwoods has a small high St. with several interesting cafes, primary school and quite large housing estates and a train station, pub. IGA? Can't help with senior schools, probably have to be bused?

Don't drive through Woombye much so can't help there.

Buderim is much larger and very popular, good primary school, several private and state senior schools in the area, loads of shops, amenities, Dr's etc.

Mountain Creek good school popular area,not particularly villagy, Dr. dentist and shopping square with Woolworths, butcher chemist etc. but close to Buderim with loads going on in the area.

Sippy Downs still growing, school seems to have a good reputation and the university, lots of shops, again not villagy?

I don't have school age children so can only go on what I hear about schools, but most seem OK.

It's a lovely part of the country, but I am biased.

Edited by ramot

If you can it's best to visit.

Palmwoods has a small high St. with several interesting cafes, primary school and quite large housing estates and a train station, pub. IGA? Can't help with senior schools, probably have to be bused?

Don't drive through Woombye much so can't help there.

Buderim is much larger and very popular, good primary school, several private and state senior schools in the area, loads of shops, amenities, Dr's etc.

Mountain Creek good school popular area,not particularly villagy, Dr. dentist and shopping square with Woolworths, butcher chemist etc. but close to Buderim with loads going on in the area.

Sippy Downs still growing, school seems to have a good reputation and the university, lots of shops, again not villagy?

I don't have school age children so can only go on what I hear about schools, but most seem OK.

It's a lovely part of the country, but I am biased.

Cheers, we visited Sunshine Coast 15 years or so ago now.

I like the look of Buderim but not the price of property !!