working between jobs on 457

newtothis

hi all, my husband is leaving his job and obviously working elsewhere breaches visa conditions on a 457 visa between jobs, but is it possible to get this condition removed from the visa in cases of financial hardship? is there a bridging visa or any option that allows work during a job transfer to a new company?

My husband hasnt left his job yet but his final day is looming and financially, losing his salary for a while is very worrying.

help appreciated

thanks

hi all, my husband is leaving his job and obviously working elsewhere breaches visa conditions on a 457 visa between jobs, but is it possible to get this condition removed from the visa in cases of financial hardship? is there a bridging visa or any option that allows work during a job transfer to a new company?

My husband hasnt left his job yet but his final day is looming and financially, losing his salary for a while is very worrying.

help appreciated

thanks

No you are there because an Australian company needed to bring the skills in from overseas. If those skills ar not required any longer then the principle of this visa is that the sponsored person leaves at that point. Australian immigration does not care about your hardship. Unless you are sure about finding anoth sponsor soon, then you do need to start making the preparations.

Archived