which way to PR?

salsera

Hi, I hope you can advise please. I am on a 457 visa as a physiotherapist. I do not score enough points for PR as despite working in my profession for 20 years my experience doesn't count because I went part time (less than 20 hours per week) when my son was born 11 years ago. I now work full time but as I gain the years experience required for points I lost points on age. I know that a 457 can lead to application for PR sponsorship but not sure how to qualify for this.

What options do I have to PR please? Is there any way I can go for direct entry without having to stay with my current employer for 2 years and asking them to sponsor me for PR?

thanks in anticipation of any advice

Hi

How old are you? How many years of full time experience do you have? and how many of which are in/outside Australia?

Hi, thanks for answering. I am 47. I can show full time experience up until 2006 when I went part time less than 20 hours per wee. I worked in Australia full time for 2 years in 1994 to 1996 and now since March 2016. All other experience was in UK.

The answer to your question is that there are possible pathways to permanent residency based on your occupation as physiotherapist, in particular the independent and nominated pathways (189 and 190 visas) under the General Skilled Migration Programme.

Thanks for replying Michael, but as I said, I do not score enough points (usually 60) on the skills test to apply for skill-select visas on the 189 and 190 which is why I am asking for help and advice on other options.