Skilled visa due to expire, can I apply for another?

JKB

My skilled visa (176) will expire in June 2017 and unfortunately due to personal circumstances I have not been able to move over. I am now looking at going in April 2017 and as I travel quite a bit for work and likely will need to once I'm in Aus I am thinking of applying for a 189 or 190 visa as I don't want to be restricted in my travel. Can I do this whilst my 176 visa is still valid?

My skilled visa (176) will expire in June 2017 and unfortunately due to personal circumstances I have not been able to move over. I am now looking at going in April 2017 and as I travel quite a bit for work and likely will need to once I'm in Aus I am thinking of applying for a 189 or 190 visa as I don't want to be restricted in my travel. Can I do this whilst my 176 visa is still valid?

As abovr. If you move in April you won't need to apply for a 189 or 190 visa.

Thanks both, I think what worries me is the contingency on showing work ties and whether two months working would be sufficient. Do you know if it is possible to apply for a 189/190 visa if you already hold a 176? I am looking at worst case scenario here.

Thanks both, I think what worries me is the contingency on showing work ties and whether two months working would be sufficient. Do you know if it is possible to apply for a 189/190 visa if you already hold a 176? I am looking at worst case scenario here.

You only need the RRV when you leave the country and want to return, so leave it as long as you can before you apply.

Archived