Re: 457 nomination ceilings

LittlePenguin

Hi, long story short I was on a 457 for 3 years, made redundant. I found another company to sponsor me, the nomination has just been granted. My original visa expires april 2017.

The company is allowed 45 457s over 3 years, 15 each year. Now, they want to know if me starting work soon and me applying for another 457 visa now to I assume be granted next year, would I take up 1 spot in their list of 15 for this year, and then take up 1 spot in there next 15 for next year.

So I guess the question is, does the nomination or the visa application be counted for the ceilings?

Any help would be much appreciated, they are looking for confirmation of this before i start.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Hi, long story short I was on a 457 for 3 years, made redundant. I found another company to sponsor me, the nomination has just been granted. My original visa expires april 2017.

The company is allowed 45 457s over 3 years, 15 each year. Now, they want to know if me starting work soon and me applying for another 457 visa now to I assume be granted next year, would I take up 1 spot in their list of 15 for this year, and then take up 1 spot in there next 15 for next year.

So I guess the question is, does the nomination or the visa application be counted for the ceilings?

Any help would be much appreciated, they are looking for confirmation of this before i start.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Nomination ceilings on 457 sponsorship were imposed for a short period of time, so if their sponsorship was approved during that time, they may well have a cap. The fact that they are allowed 15 per year is unusual however and I would therefore suspect that they may have a Labour Agreement. If they do have a Labour Agreement in place, the term are usually very specific and will be individual to the company.

Archived