September submission of 189

Purplesparkle

Hi all,

We submitted out 189 application last week end :err: and are now waiting patiently for any kind of response!

We have submitted all our documentation but have not yet done the medicals or police checks. What are other people doing when submitting theirs? have you done your medicals/police check too or are you waiting to be allocated a CO and be asked to them? We weren't sure what to do as we didn't want to do the medicals and then wait for ages to have our application looked at and loose a couple of months off the 12 month validation time.

Any advice would be gratefully received!!

Hi Purplesparkle

We put our 189 application in end of August and a case officer was assigned just over a week later. We are doing things through an agent so the case officer got in touch with them. We were told to then book our medicals and do our police checks and provide proof of the booking/check being made back to agent so they could forward this on to the case officer within 28 days. We did this and are still awaiting the results of our police checks. It's been 10 days today so hopefully we will hear soon! We attended our medicals today. All 3 of us (me, my partner and our daughter of 14) were pretty nervous, but it wasn't as bad as I had thought. Bit embarrassing having to strip down to my bra and kecks whilst she got me to bend over and touch my toes but the doctors at the hospital we went to (Spire Hartswood in Essex) were all really nice. Fingers crossed all comes back ok.

Hope you hear from your case officer soon! :)

Hi Purplesparkle

We put our 189 application in end of August and a case officer was assigned just over a week later. We are doing things through an agent so the case officer got in touch with them. We were told to then book our medicals and do our police checks and provide proof of the booking/check being made back to agent so they could forward this on to the case officer within 28 days. We did this and are still awaiting the results of our police checks. It's been 10 days today so hopefully we will hear soon! We attended our medicals today. All 3 of us (me, my partner and our daughter of 14) were pretty nervous, but it wasn't as bad as I had thought. Bit embarrassing having to strip down to my bra and kecks whilst she got me to bend over and touch my toes but the doctors at the hospital we went to (Spire Hartswood in Essex) were all really nice. Fingers crossed all comes back ok.

Hope you hear from your case officer soon! :)

We are going to be applying too soon, just wondering without to be much in depth detail what did they do at your medical/ what are they looking for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Johnstanhope

I don't mind telling you what we went through today, I was trying to find info before we went, as I think most people worry about what they may be in for! I do however think it all depends on where you go as to what they 'do' to you! Lol

When we arrived we were each taken (separately) to the toilet to wee in a tub that had our details on. Once that was done I was taken in to see the doctor. Partner and doctor into see another doctor. She asked if I had ever been hospitalised for anything and whether I took any medication etc. I am asthmatic but only mildly, but she wasn't bothered about this. She then checked my eyes by shining a light in to them, got me to follow her finger and read a line of text on the light board. She then looked in my ears and throat. Next she checked my balance by asking me to put my arms out close my eyes and then touch my nose and walking in a line one foot in front of the other etc (like a drunk test lol) next she weighed me and took hight measurement. Asked me to strip down to bra and pants, took blood pressure, listened to chest, checked pulse, checked glands in neck and armpits. Asked me to lie down, checked reflexes and felt my tummy and moved my legs/hips about. Asked me to then stand up and touch my toes. That was pretty much it with doctor. Urine was checked in this time, mine was all fine, but my partners showed sugar so he had to retest a bit later but was fine second time round. They look for blood/sugar/protein in urine as could be sign of kidney problems or infection. My other half laughed when I told him what I had done as he didn't have to do half as much. Don't know why maybe they are more thorough with females!?!

Next we we had blood taken (only those over 15) I believe they are mainly checking for HIV, then we had chest X-rays done.

We were all in, checked and out in 1 hour 20 mins!

Good luck with your application ;)

Hi all,

We submitted out 189 application last week end :err: and are now waiting patiently for any kind of response!

We have submitted all our documentation but have not yet done the medicals or police checks. What are other people doing when submitting theirs? have you done your medicals/police check too or are you waiting to be allocated a CO and be asked to them? We weren't sure what to do as we didn't want to do the medicals and then wait for ages to have our application looked at and loose a couple of months off the 12 month validation time.

Any advice would be gratefully received!!

If you don't want to lose a month or two off the validation date then do the medicals and police checks upon request - which is as per immigration advice anyway. Note that you will not know when you have been allocated a CO, there is no requirement for them to introduce themselves.

We submitted our 189 on 16th August for myself and my partner. We got assigned a CO on 22nd August and a request for furhret information: form 80, medicals and further evidence of de facto. I had already completed the medical questionnaire upon submission and had our medical on Saturday 3 September. Results are all now uploaded with no further assessments required and all our docs are uploaded including what we are hoping to be additional evidence of de facto ( I literally don't know what else I could provide). This all went up on Friday 9 September and the wait begins....

We we are also not using an agent. So we feel very in the dark but at moment we be,I've we have done the right thing. This forum has been very helpful!!

Thanks for all the info and good luck to everyone having submitted their applications!!

We are unsure what to do really about the medicals purely because up until the weekend we were happy to just wait things out and have the CO request medicals and police check but we had an offer on our house yesterday and this has spurred us on to get things moving! We know there will be no rushing Immi but thought if we did the medicals etc then it would be viewed as a complete application and possibly be looked at sooner but I'm not sure that would be the case as the processing stage seems to be a bit of a lottery!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I submitted my application on 1st Sept and was allocated a CO on 14th Sept requiring Form 80 and employment evidence. I submitted the additional info on 15th Sept and now the long wait begins

Anyone else has anymore news on their application?

We have been asked for further work and study information. What have people been submitting?!

For the work I submitted 2 x work references to cover the 10 years AHPRA registration and NMC registration and a current wage slip. We have now added my ANMAC assessment and also 2 x contracts of employement. Should we upload anymore? I might be able to dig out some P60's but what else do people suggest?!

For study information I had uploaded my degree and diploma certificates for my qualifications and have now added the transcripts for both of the courses. I don't think I have anything else I can add to this one!!

Any suggestions for us or updates on your progress with your visa!!

xx

Anyone else has anymore news on their application?

We have been asked for further work and study information. What have people been submitting?!

For the work I submitted 2 x work references to cover the 10 years AHPRA registration and NMC registration and a current wage slip. We have now added my ANMAC assessment and also 2 x contracts of employement. Should we upload anymore? I might be able to dig out some P60's but what else do people suggest?!

For study information I had uploaded my degree and diploma certificates for my qualifications and have now added the transcripts for both of the courses. I don't think I have anything else I can add to this one!!

Any suggestions for us or updates on your progress with your visa!!

xx

Hi Purplesparkle

We are using an agent and they have uploaded all the documents etc on our behalf so can't really comment on the documents as we just gave the agent everything they asked for at the beginning.

However we got advised by our agent on Tuesday that our Medicals have been finalised and uploaded to the Immigration dept, police checks have been uploaded too, so it's just a waiting game now. Wonder how long we will have to wait? Sitting here with our fingers and toes crossed that we get a grant.

Hope yours goes ok :)

• 3 weeks later...
Any news?!?! Still early days yet but the wait is agonising!! Not heard a single thing since we submitted our additional request on the 9 September. I didn't expect to just getting inpatient.

Hiya,

No news for us yet. Emailed the agent today but they said no response has been received yet, and that things had slowed down with the immigration department on a lot of applications. We are getting very impatient too, even though it's only been a few weeks! Hope we all hear something soon! :smile: