Migration eVisa

thekevjones

Has anyone kicked one off recently?

I've been looking at this link: Online Applications – Applications & Forms

The headline shows system outages and maintenance, although not till 13th June (and its only the 10th). It seems you can check existing applications but like I say how to kick off a new one?

My original plan was to do it by post but the notes on the 1276 skilled migration form encourages online applications.

Does anyone has any recommendations from their experiences?

Cheers

Kev

I would really recommend the online visa. I filled ours in 2 weeks ago (175 visa). It is so easy as it takes you through very small amounts at a time, so it isnt overfacing like paper applications can be. Also they tot up your points for you and show you how many you have based on the info you suplly them with. You can stop and save it anytime and go back to it (proving you finish it within 28 days). The actual visa application took me about 2 and a half hours over two evenings. The other plus side is if you upload your attachments in colour you dont need to get them certified, so that's a lot less hassle and money. It went and bought a colour scanner to do it (was only £29). Have to say it took me a while to work out how to attach them though! I understand evisas also take about 2 months less time to be processed and you dont have the expense of posting everything. Oh and it tells you exactly what docs you need to attach because youo have supplied the computer with relevant info, so, it breaks it down into each person and what supporting docs each once needs to upload.

Hope this helps.

Rach

Guest Rocker

Hi Kev,

go for the online one. Its faster and recommended by DIMA. Plus you can always check the status of your application. It tells you the time they receive your meds and when these meds are finalized... so you are always kind of in picture of your app status..

cheers.

Archived