Live in Australia - want to remortgage UK house

MikeW

Hi,

I've seen an old thread from 4 years ago here so things may have changed since then.

I am now an Australian citizen and want to remortgage my UK property (which I'm renting out). I have no UK income other than rental income.

Around 5 years ago I spoke to my bank in the UK and they said I'd have to go to UK to sign the paperwork if I wanted to remortgage.

A friend mentioned the other day that Comm Bank have branches in UK (as well as Australia obviously) so maybe worth checking with them i.e. get UK mortgage from Australia by going to their branch.

Has anyone had any success remortgaging UK property from Australia?

Cheers,

Mike

Hi,

I've seen an old thread from 4 years ago here so things may have changed since then.

I am now an Australian citizen and want to remortgage my UK property (which I'm renting out). I have no UK income other than rental income.

Around 5 years ago I spoke to my bank in the UK and they said I'd have to go to UK to sign the paperwork if I wanted to remortgage.

A friend mentioned the other day that Comm Bank have branches in UK (as well as Australia obviously) so maybe worth checking with them i.e. get UK mortgage from Australia by going to their branch.

Has anyone had any success remortgaging UK property from Australia?

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike

As far as I know CBA would not be able to assist.

If you like I can send you details of a UK Broker that may be able to assist.

Regards

Andy

Thanks for your replies.

Hi Bungo - I mean remortgage it as I want to release equity from it to put down as a deposit here. It's currently with Birmingham Midshires - they no longer offer any new mortgages.

Hi Andrew - could you please message me the broker's details?

Thanks.

That would be a re-mortgage and home owner loan (equity release) for the new borrowing. Assume you already have it on a buy to let mortgage? Shouldn't be too difficult if so. It's possible to do the signing by post but you are likely to need identification and proof of address seen as well as tax returns etc for rental income. Not impossible from overseas but it's likely you will need to return to sort this mortgage out. That way you can produce all necessary paperwork in one go

Edited by Tulip1

Hi Mike

As far as I know CBA would not be able to assist.

If you like I can send you details of a UK Broker that may be able to assist.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

I am in the same position - looking to remortgage my home back in the UK to get a better rate but living and working in Australia. My home is rented out at the moment.

Have you details of a broker that could help?

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,

• 10 months later...