Academic or General IELTS HELP!?!?

Nom79

Hi,

Im due to take my IELTS on 10.09 to gain points required for my 189 visa application. I'm registered to do the academic one but am now questioning if I need that or just the general one. I'm applying for Early Childhood Teacher on the SOL and have gained my certificate of skills and employment statement from the AITSL, so which one do I need to do?

i found an old thread on this from 2014 but wanted up to date advice...help!?!?Thanks x

The skilled visa points test only requires a GENERAL IELTS test and the general test is considerably easier than the academic test. So if you are aiming to score maximum points for English, and who isn't, then the general test is the better option as it is easier.

You MAY or MAY NOT be required to provide evidence of your English for registration. For example, if you are from the UK and have completed your studies in the UK, many registration authorities do not require evidence of English for registration. For example, if you are wanting to work in South Australia, no evidence of english is required if you have studied in the UK. So check the registration requirements in the State where you are planning to live, and you may find that you will not need to prove your English skills and so the general IELTS will be the better option!

Archived