Previous Employment with no proof of work VISA in Asia/Africa

Zippy

Hi Everyone,

I'm applying for a 190 visa, I've got the EOI in and just waiting/hoping to be invited. I was reading that later I'll need to fill in all previous employment since school in form 20 if it goes that far.

I used to work and travel as a sports instructor and have worked in a few countries in Africa and Asia, I never kept any of the work permits I had, some of which were never entered into my passport or on my previous passport so I can't prove the legality of me working in those countries. Will the Australian government be checking this? should I just not claim I worked there (I'm not claiming points for it). Although it would be a little difficult to explain what I was doing during those 5 years.

Anyone else had a similar situation?

Edited by Zippy
spelling

If your not claiming points you don't have to prove experience. I.e payslips ,tax returns etc. if things like this are available it only makes your application stronger when it goes to the CO. As an immigration officer I'm sure they will be able to see where you have been and on what visa on the screen.. Again if your not claiming points for experience is not a biggie but you will still need to include all employment info just not necessarily evidence

Hi Bobbie, thanks for the reply, thats good I don't need to prove anything about those jobs, it would have been a nightmare trying to find evidence. Although I am a little concerned with my time in the Philippines as was on a tourist visa while working, but the local immigration guy used to come to the hotel I worked at to renew my visa every 2 months and said it was fine, although people are a bit chilled about these things in small town Philippines so I'm not entirely sure now!

If your not claiming points you don't have to prove experience. I.e payslips ,tax returns etc. if things like this are available it only makes your application stronger when it goes to the CO. As an immigration officer I'm sure they will be able to see where you have been and on what visa on the screen.. Again if your not claiming points for experience is not a biggie but you will still need to include all employment info just not necessarily evidence

Immigration offcers at DIBP do not routinely have access to the immigration records of other countries - they would have no way of seeing if someone who is not an Australian citizen has ever held a visa for a country in Asia or Africa.