Professional guy moving to Melbourne in October

Darko77

Hi everyone, I am hoping to relocate to Melbourne in October. I have spent the past two years in Perth but unfortunately things haven't gone according to plan. I am originally from Dublin, Ireland and I love life here in Australia hence my post.

I have been to Melbourne before and fell in love with the place and it's a city I'd love to get to know better.

So, I'm just seeking any kind of advice at all no matter how small or trivial it may be. Any kind of input about any aspect of life there would be greatly appreciated. I'd consider myself very outgoing and would be keen to get to know new people and get involved within the community.

Thanks for reading and I'll look forward to hopefully hearing back from some of you.

Cheers :smile:

I have been to Melbourne before and fell in love with the place and it's a city I'd love to get to know better.

Some things I love about Melbourne:

- the weather is not as bad as people who don't live here would have you believe.

- It has excellent beaches and countryside easily accessible, not many places with a big city vibe have that.

- it is possible to swim in the sea before you go to work. I see some people doing this most days on my commute. Yes, even in winter (nutters).

- you can go skiing as a day trip.

- The CBD with pavement cafes and trams feels very European.

- It is frustrating that I will never have enough time or money to sample all the amazing eateries and bars here.

- I have as much great live music here as I did in London. Probably more.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with buzzy bee, Melbourne is a pretty awesome city. Lots of do and a far cry from what Perth is like. Inner suburbs would be ideal for you and give you a lot to do on your doorstep.

Melbourne has a big latin dancing scene and the people are very friendly and welcoming to new comers.

Lots of events and festivals throughout the year, in and around the CBD, St Kilda, Fitzroy. Very multicultural feel.