187 - Some confusions, Agents can you please help me to clarify.

LD152207

Hi,

I Have few questions that are bugging me recently as i read through this forum.

First, let me give you my background before jumping to question:

I am an RN, was doing my masters and was working as an RN part-time. After finishing my Masters, i was sponsored by the hospital i was working for 187 and I am working Full-Time. We are on Bridging visa now. We did not hire any Migration Agents as my husband did almost all paperwork and he was told that it should be pretty straight forward. It has just passed 7 month (was lodged by the end of January 2016) since we lodge application. Only correspondence we have so far is from NSW PSE in Mid March asking to sign and upload "Payment (non) for Sponsorship form" which we did promptly.

We think we have uploaded all required documents (not sure though what else they want as we did our self). We have uploaded personal Identification documents, Skill Assessment, IELTs etc.

Now,

1) We are thinking we should have hired an MA to have better look on our application or at least second look on it. Do you think we can still do it or may need it? Any agents here wanting to have a look on our case in discounted cost? All we need is a quick look on documents and indicate what might be missing if there be any.

2) This is big and really bugging me recently. My husband has completed his masters degree from US university in late 2006. We thought that should satisfy his English, but i recently heard people saying that IMMI still asking for IELTS score. Do you think he might have to sit for test, if so, we better do it now than waiting for IMMI ask for it.

3) We had done health assessment on February 2015, so when we applied for 187 in January 2016 we included that HAP id which was still valid. They asked only our daughter to do another assessment as she had not had chest x-ray last year. When we access our IMMI account, it says Health Assessment is finalised but we hear some people here saying Case officer will ask for Health assessment as previous is expired by the time Case Officer is assigned. Is this true? If that be the case, we better do it now than waiting for them to ask.

I would really appreciate your help on these issues bothering me recently.

Thank you

Hello,

I've read through your message but it is really difficult to understand if you have actually applied for a visa because you have mentioned that the only correspondence you have had is to pay the nomination fee to NSW? That doesn't make any sense.

If you applied for your visa in January surely by now you have got an email from the Department telling you that you have a case officer and asking for any outstanding documents?

If you email me directly with as much info as possible (including login details for your visa application) I am happy to have a quick look at what is going on. My direct email is:

veronika@sortoutmyvisa.com

Hello,

I've read through your message but it is really difficult to understand if you have actually applied for a visa because you have mentioned that the only correspondence you have had is to pay the nomination fee to NSW? That doesn't make any sense.

If you applied for your visa in January surely by now you have got an email from the Department telling you that you have a case officer and asking for any outstanding documents?

If you email me directly with as much info as possible (including login details for your visa application) I am happy to have a quick look at what is going on. My direct email is:

veronika@sortoutmyvisa.com

Sorry, i thought i wrote in detail. But let me explain it again.

- Nomination and visa both applied on Jan 27, 2016 after receiving RCB from ACT certifying body. Bridging visa granted to be effective after student visa expires.

- Received a letter from NSW PSE on my e-mail address to complete and upload a form "Declaration form - Paying for VISA Sponsorship" on March 23, 2016. Completed signed and uploaded within 2-3 days. This correspondence is not on my immi account by some reason.

- Haven't heard anything from Immi Since then.

Employer applied for Nomination and passed me Nomination TRN that i used to apply for visa. Employer contacted IMMI once around Mid May to inquire the status of Nomination and IMMI informed my employer that the application was in queue. Nothing heard since then. I am working to the Nominating Employer as Full-time RN and I am in Bridging Visa as student visa expired on March 15.

- I am in medicare and did not buy/renew OSHC after March 15.

And what you think about questions 2 and 3 on my previous post? My husbands English requirement and Health Assessment?

Thank you

Edited by LD152207

1) We are thinking we should have hired an MA to have better look on our application or at least second look on it. Do you think we can still do it or may need it? Any agents here wanting to have a look on our case in discounted cost? All we need is a quick look on documents and indicate what might be missing if there be any.

It may be worthwhile to have someone look at it. Bear in mind that there is often more work involved trying to fix a lodged application than doing it right in the first place.

2) This is big and really bugging me recently. My husband has completed his masters degree from US university in late 2006. We thought that should satisfy his English, but i recently heard people saying that IMMI still asking for IELTS score. Do you think he might have to sit for test, if so, we better do it now than waiting for IMMI ask for it.

English is a time of lodgement criteria. As such if he does not meet the English language requirement, he can not sit an IELTS test post lodgement.

3) We had done health assessment on February 2015, so when we applied for 187 in January 2016 we included that HAP id which was still valid. They asked only our daughter to do another assessment as she had not had chest x-ray last year. When we access our IMMI account, it says Health Assessment is finalised but we hear some people here saying Case officer will ask for Health assessment as previous is expired by the time Case Officer is assigned. Is this true? If that be the case, we better do it now than waiting for them to ask.

Visa medicals are valid for 12 months.

Bear in mind that there is often more work involved trying to fix a lodged application than doing it right in the first place.

Exactly!

As a matter of good practice a RMA would review the entire application and supporting documents, not only the criteria that were lacking.

The processing time for an RSMS is about 6 months, so you may need to get in touch with the Department to see what is going on, as it really has been quite a while. Do you know now whether the nomination has been approved?

The English test is a time of application criterion for the main applicant but from what you have written your husband is not the main applicant, he is the secondary applicant. If that is correct (ie: he is the secondary applicant), then the requirement for a secondary applicant is that he must have at least functional English. Evidence of this can be provided via an English test result or evidence of study in English. The Masters may be enough, depending on how long the period of study was. In any case, you can wait for the case officer to get in touch about this.

With respect to the health question, again, I would wait for the case officer to see if new medical checks are required. He or she will definitely let you know.

You said that the Declaration Form that you uploaded is not showing up on the system. If you did attach it, as a document, the way you attached all other documents, there is no reason why it should not be showing up.

What I would do at this point is to email back to the same email from which you received the request for a form and say that you are concerned about the fact that you have not heard anything, that you did attach the form but it is not showing up on the system so you have attached it to the email (do attach it to the email as well) and wait to hear.

I agree with you that the application really should have been quite straight forward. But if you are still worried, maybe it is best if you do get in touch with a local MARA agent to help take things over from here.

The processing time for an RSMS is about 6 months, so you may need to get in touch with the Department to see what is going on, as it really has been quite a while. Do you know now whether the nomination has been approved?

The English test is a time of application criterion for the main applicant but from what you have written your husband is not the main applicant, he is the secondary applicant. If that is correct (ie: he is the secondary applicant), then the requirement for a secondary applicant is that he must have at least functional English. Evidence of this can be provided via an English test result or evidence of study in English. The Masters may be enough, depending on how long the period of study was. In any case, you can wait for the case officer to get in touch about this.

With respect to the health question, again, I would wait for the case officer to see if new medical checks are required. He or she will definitely let you know.

You said that the Declaration Form that you uploaded is not showing up on the system. If you did attach it, as a document, the way you attached all other documents, there is no reason why it should not be showing up.

What I would do at this point is to email back to the same email from which you received the request for a form and say that you are concerned about the fact that you have not heard anything, that you did attach the form but it is not showing up on the system so you have attached it to the email (do attach it to the email as well) and wait to hear.

I agree with you that the application really should have been quite straight forward. But if you are still worried, maybe it is best if you do get in touch with a local MARA agent to help take things over from here.

Processing time: Yes, they say 6 months, but apparently IMMI is taking more than 8-9 months now. As i read to the thread on this forum "187 time line" Immigration is sending e-mail saying they are processing Late November and Early December file at this time.

Nomination: No update so far, last contact my employer had with IMMI was around mid May and IMMI said application was in queue and will be processed. I will check with the lady in Hospital who did file nomination for me today.

English Score: I have submitted IELTS score with application, only the concern was for my Husband, thank you for your reply. His masters was in Biology from US university (2 and half yr of study). If needed, he can easily score required score on IELTS, just thinking why waste money and time if we dont need to.

Medicals: was valid at the time of application but definitely wont be valid at the time of case officer assignment. So, we will wait if he/she ask for new medical.

Declaration form: I was meant to say the e-mail (correspondence) is not in my immi account. Although they said all correspondence would be in immi account. I did not reply to e-mail, I just uploaded Declaration form to my IMMI account. Uploaded form same way as other documents and YES it is present there as uloaded/ attached documents. So, i think there was no problem with declaration form.

So, if I share my immi login details with you (together with original uploaded documents, is about 18MB total), would you mind to have quick look? as per your previous response.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Heard from Immigration today. Case officer Assisgned and further documents requested. They have requested only one document for me and my husband, FBI Clearance.

See the attached "Request Detail", which provides a detailed explanation relating to the

checklist item(s) listed below.

Last document required to meet the character criteria all other criteria have been met.

Police clearance certificates - Overseas - FBI Clearance

As, it says that this is the "last document to meet character criteria and all other criteria have been met", should i assume that Health/medical for we all and English requirement for my husband was met with the documents that i had already provided?. I have given 28 days to provide FBI clearance, I did wait (my mistake) until just 5 weeks ago to apply for FBI clearance and I am sure that I will not get FBI clearance at least another 2 months, what should i do?

If this is the only document that has been requested, then yes, normally you can assume that all the other requirements have been met.

The Department understands that it can take longer than 28 days for a police clearance to be issued. The 28 days you have been given is just to show that you have applied for the FBI clearance. So if you attach a document to the application that confirms that you have applied for the FBI check (maybe you got a receipt or an email confirmation), that will be fine.

Also, you should be able to see on the system that the medical checks have been completed and satisfied. (If you click on the health checks button, it should say something like "completed, no further information required".

All the best! You are almost done :)

Heard from Immigration today. Case officer Assisgned and further documents requested. They have requested only one document for me and my husband, FBI Clearance.

As, it says that this is the "last document to meet character criteria and all other criteria have been met", should i assume that Health/medical for we all and English requirement for my husband was met with the documents that i had already provided?. I have given 28 days to provide FBI clearance, I did wait (my mistake) until just 5 weeks ago to apply for FBI clearance and I am sure that I will not get FBI clearance at least another 2 months, what should i do?